Content migrated to ReadTheDocs
(18.07.2019) The content of this page is migrated to the ONAP Documentation:
Further updates must be done in the corresponding RST file(s) by following the build process for documentation.
The goal of the design process is to create all artifacts (models) that are required to instantiate and manage resources, services, and products on the ECOMP platform. The design process requires input from users with multiple roles.
Design progresses logically through a series of phases. Each phase:
- is organized into steps that are completed in sequence
- is accessed using a different role with specific responsibilities
- generates artifacts that are used in other phases of design or when instantiating or monitoring VFs
The Design section describes:
- Resource Onboarding
- VF Creation and Testing
- Service Design
- Governance Approval and Service Distribution
- Importing a VFC into SDC
- Control Loop Design
- Policy Design
- SDC Artifacts List
- Onboarding Services into SDC and Instantiating through VID
For further specifications on how to create a VNF, see Creating a Virtual Network Function (VNF).