Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Recording

IRC Minutes

Full IRC Log

Zoom Chat Log

Agenda ItemRequested byNotes / Links
Feedback from ONS

Integration Status

Beijing Release Status

TSC composition proposal

TSC Approval of the Casablanca Release Schedule

Release Planning#CasablancaRelease

Not Covered- Moved to next week

Known Vulnerability Analysis Review Update. Stephen terrill 

Not Covered- Moved to next week

Full IRC Log 

13:46:18 <kennypaul> #startmeeting tsc-2018-04-05
13:46:18 <collabot> Meeting started Thu Apr  5 13:46:18 2018 UTC.  The chair is kennypaul. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:46:18 <collabot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:46:18 <collabot> The meeting name has been set to 'tsc_2018_04_05'
13:47:09 <kennypaul> #chair SteveT, phrobb
13:47:09 <collabot> Current chairs: SteveT kennypaul phrobb
13:47:19 <kennypaul> #topic rollcall
13:58:05 <kennypaul> #info Alla Goldner, AMDOCS
13:58:13 <Srini> #info proxy Srini Addepalli, Intel
13:58:34 <cdonley> #info Chris Donley Huawei
14:01:46 <frankbrockners> #info Frank Brockners, Cisco
14:01:52 <kennypaul> #info Murat Tupcu, Turk Telekom
14:02:04 <xinhuili> #Info Xinhui Li, VMware
14:02:37 <gilbert> #info Mazin Gilbert, AT&T
14:02:54 <ningso> #info Ning So, Reliance Jio
14:03:12 <JasonHunt> #info Jason Hunt, IBM
14:03:20 <RannyHaiby> #info Ranny Haiby, Nokia
14:03:51 <SteveT> #info Stephen Terrill, Ericsson
14:03:57 <Sanchita> #info proxy Sanchita Pathak, TechMahindra
14:05:29 <phrobb> #topic Agenda Bashing
14:06:27 <phrobb> #topic Admin topics
14:06:47 <phrobb> #info China Telecom will host the June Developer event the week of June 19th
14:07:29 <SteveT> #info China Mobile will host the June F2F meeting. Appreciation expressed.
14:07:38 <phrobb> #info intermintent build system issues have been reported and addressed. Things should be running well now.
14:08:36 <phrobb> stevet: China Mobile?... Not China Telecom?
14:08:59 <phrobb> #topic Feedback from ONS
14:09:02 <SteveT> #info Correction: China Telecom is hosting the June F2F meeting
14:11:22 <EricDebeau> #info Eric Debeau, Orange
14:13:13 <ma_c> #info proxy Marc-Alexandre Choquette, Bell Canada
14:24:06 <EricDebeau> #info volunteer to analyze TSC feedbacks and provide some solutions
14:25:15 <phrobb> EricDebeau: your pound-info comment is meant as you volunteering?
14:25:49 <EricDebeau> #info phrobb: yes
14:26:00 <phrobb> #info kennypaul walked through feedback he has received during conversations at ONS.
14:27:40 <phrobb> #info From discussion TSC will have a "tiger team" meet to work through feedback provided. The meeting is to be open and publicized so that anyone in the community can participate.
14:28:05 <phrobb> #info EricDebeau volunteers to be part of the TSC tiger team
14:28:42 <phrobb> #info Mazin suggests that we ensure that China is represented in this effort.
14:29:23 <phrobb> #action gilbert volunteers to reach out the Lingli of China Mobile to see if she is willing to participate in this effort
14:29:55 <phrobb> #action kennypaul to share Bitergia statistics for committers and PTLs
14:31:30 <phrobb> #info comments of affirmation on the problems are expressed. These issues are hampering the functionality of the community and introducing significant delays
14:31:41 <phrobb> #topic Integration Status
14:33:17 <phrobb> #info helenychen walks through her slide deck
14:50:15 <kennypaul> #action kennypaul status of IM system.
14:53:07 <kennypaul> #topic Beijing Release status
14:53:31 <kennypaul> #info Gildas reviewed his slides
14:54:25 <kennypaul> #info dmaap-buscontroller de-scoped for beijing
14:57:22 <kennypaul> #info extapi, usecaseui, aaf and dmaap did not pass M4
14:59:47 <kennypaul> #info vvp (not quorum last week so not passed ) seeking FOSS waiver , no line code coverage, CSIT pending
15:00:26 <kennypaul> #info vvp gpl license issue
15:04:00 <kennypaul> #info s3p commitments from M1 are basically complete
15:06:28 <kennypaul> #action gildaslanilis to set up a call to dfiscuss aaf & dmaap
15:07:06 <kennypaul> #topic TSC Composition Proposal
15:09:28 <kennypaul> #info proposal based upon OPNFV's model
15:10:44 <kennypaul> #info 15 members, additional seats for platinums that joined <12 mo
15:11:07 <kennypaul> #info can't miss more than 2 meetings w/o proxy
15:11:57 <kennypaul> #info voting criteria based upon any type of participation
15:12:14 <kennypaul> #info Chris is reviewing the slides
15:12:32 <EricDebeau> #info documentation (redathedocs) is managed via gerrit
15:15:32 <kennypaul> #info discussion over thresholds for "active" metrics
15:16:25 <kennypaul> #info discussion over technical expertise as a requirement
15:18:08 <kennypaul> #info mazin recommends 50% operator participation
15:19:03 <kennypaul> #info recommends 1 rep per company
15:24:03 <kennypaul> #info recommend voting criteria based upon onap-tsc/ onap-discuss participation
15:25:58 <kennypaul> #info mazin will not support w/o 50% carrier
15:27:19 <kennypaul> # jamil raises concern of timing - chris responds that the charter amendment did not pass and June is the deadline
15:27:55 <kennypaul> #info jamil raises concern of timing - chris responds that the charter amendment did not pass and June is the deadline
15:30:21 <kennypaul> #info dioscussion of timing and vote
15:33:41 <kennypaul> #info discussion of vote and request for commitment that all TSC members vote
15:34:35 <kennypaul> #info questions of charter - no ratification needed, amending as needed is appropriate.
15:35:06 <kennypaul> #action phrobb will set up dedicated meeting next week
15:36:29 <kennypaul> #action kennypaul provide results of last vote.
15:36:48 <kennypaul> #info discussion of EUAG
15:39:49 <gildaslanilis> Proposal for Casablanca release timeline is poste din wiki at https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Release+Planning#ReleasePlanning-CasablancaRelease for every one comments and suggestions.
15:41:33 <kennypaul> #topic casablanca timeline
15:42:05 <kennypaul> #info provide feedback to gildaslanilis
15:43:03 <kennypaul> #info deadline and vote next week tsc
15:44:24 <EricDebeau> #info We spent too much time on admin topics while we are hot technical topics to solve collectively (eg AAF)
15:46:43 <kennypaul> #info quick introduction of Murat Tupcu the new TSC rep for Turk Telekom and EricDebeau as the new TSC rep for Orange.
15:46:53 <kennypaul> #endmeeting



Zoom Chat Log 

07:12:47 From Kenny Paul : https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8226464
07:31:52 From Tal Liron (Red Hat) : Thank you, TSC members, for taking this feedback seriously. I intend to send the community a long list of constructive suggestions soon.
07:33:28 From Mazin : Thanks Tal. We welcome all suggestions to expedite success of ONAP and ensure a diversified community. I would appreciate your participation and involvement.
07:34:36 From Mazin : How is the WindRiver sale announcement impact our ONAP Labs? Anyone know?
07:34:52 From Michael O'Brien (Logging) : Michael O'Brien can be added to the feedback meeting - Or I will join when it is posted
07:35:33 From Murat Turpcu ( turk telekom ) : i will join the feedback meetings
07:42:08 From Brian : 24/30 in SB07 - thanks jimmy !
07:42:25 From Ramki Krishnan : Looking forward to join the feedback meetings - ramki from VMware
07:42:42 From Brian : oom issue is some internal k8 dns kind of configuration error as best we can tell
07:44:56 From Michael O'Brien (Logging) : Yes, currently retrofitting k8s scripts around helm and config improvements put it - following readthedocs to do this
07:45:55 From ALLA GOLDNER : Kenny, are there more concrete details about June meeting in Beijing available?
07:49:02 From Tal Liron (Red Hat) : Another open source suggestion for chat software: Matrix.org (with the Riot.im client)
07:54:16 From Dominic Lunanuova (AT&T) : Hello, I think it is data router , not busconroller
07:54:26 From Dominic Lunanuova (AT&T) : that is descoped
07:54:27 From ghellman : Hi Guys, It is Gil from Wind River. Our sell will not impact the ONAP open lab
07:55:17 From Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) : Thanks Gil. That is something I was also asked. Thanks for this confirmation.
07:56:27 From Kenny Paul : June F2F June 19 - 22, 2018, Beijing, Hosted by China Telecom
08:19:48 From Fred Oliveira (Verizon) : Verizon intends to be very active and contribute code to various ONAP projects. We would like to be considered for a position on the TSC even though we haven’t made many contributions to date.
08:21:47 From Stephen Terrill : Fred, thats great! I think there was two provisions for this, 1. there is still time before any election would occur. 2. There was a provision for ones that have just joined.
08:25:24 From Jason Hunt : didn’t that vote also have many TSC members not vote? I’m not sure the result reflects the TSC’s opinions
08:26:46 From Steven Wright : Suggest to have a wiki page with (1) consolidated list of voters eligible for an election and (2) a mechanism for individual participants to see where they standa against these voter eligibility criteria.
08:27:28 From Ramki Krishnan : Besides wiki, we should include "high quality email discussions" -- wiki is only one of the means of communication
08:28:23 From Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) : It would be good if voters vote for companies. Let companies choose the representatative. Does that work?
08:34:40 From Murat Turpcu ( turk telekom ) : we did not vote and we will actually do next time
08:36:16 From Frank Brockners : ... can we do a timecheck?
08:38:18 From Gildas Lanilis : Proposal for Casablanca release timeline is posted in wiki at https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Release+Planning#ReleasePlanning-CasablancaRelease
08:38:32 From Gildas Lanilis : for everyone suggestions and comments.
08:38:49 From ALLA GOLDNER : Gildas, I commented during ONS that I propose to move Usecase approval to the end of April
08:39:04 From ALLA GOLDNER : the present timeline is not realistic, considering the progress achieved by a different teams
08:39:15 From ALLA GOLDNER : and also lack of prioritization input
08:40:43 From Gildas Lanilis : Thanks Alla for your comments.