Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

IRC Minutes

Recording

Full IRC Log 

Zoom Chat Log

Discussion items 

Agenda ItemRequested byNotes / Links
START RECORDING
Housekeeping

Release Status
Integration Status
APEX PDP in ONAP Policy Framework
 ONAP University updates and plans

 It is proposed to have ONAP university calls every Wednesday.  This shall include training session and component specific queries discussion every alternate Wednesday.

Known Vulnerability Analysis update 

Full IRC Log 

13:46:36 <kennypaul> #startmeeting tsc-2018-04-19
13:46:36 <collabot`> Meeting started Thu Apr 19 13:46:36 2018 UTC.  The chair is kennypaul. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:46:36 <collabot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:46:36 <collabot`> The meeting name has been set to 'tsc_2018_04_19'
13:47:14 <kennypaul> #chair phrobb, SteveT, gildaslanilis
13:47:14 <collabot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: gildaslanilis
13:47:14 <collabot`> Current chairs: SteveT gildaslanilis kennypaul phrobb
13:47:29 <kennypaul> #topic rollcall
13:59:04 <SteveT> #info Stephen Terrill, Ericsson
13:59:10 <RajeshGadiyar> #info Rajesh Gadiyar Intel
13:59:43 <cdonley> #info Chris Donley Huawei
14:00:13 <EricDebeau> #info Eric Debeau, Orange
14:00:17 <frankbrockners> #info Frank Brockners, Cisco
14:02:17 <JasonHunt> #info Jason Hunt, IBM
14:02:26 <RannyHaiby> #info Ranny Haiby, Nokia
14:02:30 <davidsauvageau> #info David Sauvageau, Bell
14:04:22 <DhananjayPavgi> #info Dhananjay Pavgi, Tech Mahindra Ltd
14:04:50 <Xiaojun> #info Xiaojun Xie, China Telecom
14:06:29 <SteveT> #topic Housekeeping
14:06:54 <SteveT> #info Meeting change requests, please use the template
14:07:18 <SteveT> #info There is community feedback page, open to feedback and additions.
14:08:23 <SteveT> #info - TSC attendance tracking is avaible.
14:09:26 <xinhuili> #info Xinhui Li, VMware
14:13:46 <SteveT> #info The June developers event is posted on the onap wiki.
14:14:28 <kennypaul> #info murat Tupcuu Turk Telecom
14:15:59 <SteveT> #info Still seeking feedback on whether there is value in colocating OPNFV & ONAP developer event.
14:16:16 <kennypaul> #info Lingli Deng, China Mobile
14:17:06 <Bf1936> Info brianFreeman
14:17:44 <kennypaul> #info Suggestion to push Dublin Release F2F to January rather than december
14:17:45 <Bf1936> Info proxy brianfreeman, at&t
14:18:04 <kennypaul> #topic Known Vulnerability Analysis update
14:18:31 <kennypaul> #info SteveT presented his slides
14:18:31 <ningso> #info Ning So, Reliance Jio
14:20:10 <kennypaul> #info [policy] will be addressed today.
14:21:10 <kennypaul> #topic APEX PDP in ONAP Policy Framework
14:21:33 <kennypaul> #info Liam Fallon shared his slided
14:22:38 <kennypaul> #info Policy is the decision making component of onap
14:23:30 <kennypaul> #info other components responsible for enforcing the rules policy provides to them
14:23:43 <kennypaul> #info technology agnostic
14:24:09 <kennypaul> #info supports moltiple PDP types
14:25:35 <kennypaul> #info PDP-X for XACML, PDP-D for Drools
14:26:24 <kennypaul> #info PDP-x best for fine-grained policy, PDP-D best fot stateful policies
14:26:46 <kennypaul> #info APEX is a new code contribution for ONAP
14:28:47 <kennypaul> #info APEX extends the policy framework in design time and runtime
14:29:18 <kennypaul> #info runtime requires a single JSON file to be pushed
14:29:50 <kennypaul> #info Other plugins can be written
14:30:29 <kennypaul> #info supports large deployments. policy monitoring
14:31:07 <kennypaul> #info Q- multiple policy engines ?
14:31:40 <kennypaul> #info A- captured via policy modles and then translated.
14:32:44 <kennypaul> #info discussion od implementation
14:33:40 <kennypaul> #info main take away here is that there is a new code contribution coming in that the community needs to be aware of
14:35:24 <kennypaul> #info please attend the policy meeting or offline
14:35:41 <kennypaul> #info request preso to Arch Sub meeting
14:36:21 <kennypaul> #info Beijing RC0 Review
14:37:16 <kennypaul> #info gildaslanilis shared his slide decl
14:38:23 <kennypaul> #info healthchecks OOM 9done, Heat 16 done, WIP- OOM 16, Heat 8
14:39:18 <kennypaul> #info CSIT 19 projects pass, 4 WIP, 1 no plan
14:40:11 <kennypaul> #info ~ 30 pending commits to be reviewed
14:41:48 <kennypaul> #info clamp good
14:42:26 <kennypaul> #info ccsdk no heat/oom needed
14:43:10 <kennypaul> #info dmaap had met M4 delioverabes
14:43:25 <kennypaul> #info holmes passed M4
14:43:42 <kennypaul> #info modeling good
14:44:00 <kennypaul> #info msb good
14:44:16 <kennypaul> #info multicloud
14:44:38 <kennypaul> #undo
14:44:38 <collabot`> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.ircmeeting.items.Info object at 0x28dc810>
14:46:02 <kennypaul> #info vid cist is wip, oom healthcheck is now passing
14:47:06 <kennypaul> #info appc csit 1 failure coce coverage now > 50%
14:47:31 <kennypaul> #info aai oom now passing
14:47:57 <kennypaul> #info vulnerability will be asddressed by RC1
14:49:08 <kennypaul> #info multicloud, so, vfc, oom, integration, vnfrts, doc all palss
14:49:25 <kennypaul> #info policy should padss my today
14:49:59 <kennypaul> #info vnfsdc healthcheck should be complete today
14:51:07 <kennypaul> #info dcae - eta for oom apr 26
14:52:35 <kennypaul> #info cli - oom patch submitted eta tomorrow, heat healthcheck passing
14:53:17 <kennypaul> #info healthchecks need to be run by the person submitting the patch first.
14:54:49 <kennypaul> #info music at this stage only libraries. passes in heat, N/A for OOM in this release. embedded in portal
14:55:30 <kennypaul> #info portal - csit and oom wip- blocker for integration
14:55:59 <kennypaul> #info csit passing now.
14:57:16 <kennypaul> #info cassandra dependencies. issues identified and being worked on
15:00:43 <kennypaul> #info cassandra fix has been submitted - need updated version of Kubernetes 1.8.10
15:03:20 <kennypaul> #info extapi - cist still failing - fix applied to be tested, heat now working
15:03:39 <kennypaul> #info oom heralthcheck apr 26
15:04:05 <kennypaul> #info sdnc- csit now passing and heat. oom still failing
15:05:38 <kennypaul> #info oom issues unknown. will contact james for debuggin assisatance
15:07:34 <kennypaul> #info sdc- heat heat by tomorrow, oom april 26?? code coverage- code broken fixed
15:08:59 <kennypaul> #info will be back to 30% by end of week, other is passing internally, but not with onap
15:09:16 <kennypaul> #info eta RC1 for 50% code coverage
15:10:32 <kennypaul> #info aaf- code coverage not met - 2 people assigend
15:13:17 <kennypaul> #info working on heat first priority, eta tomorrow - marco assisting
15:13:47 <kennypaul> #info oom eta april 26
15:15:28 <kennypaul> #info priority working system, heat, oom and then code coverage
15:16:49 <kennypaul> #info oof- 17 jiras that should have been addresses are still open, healthchecks fialing
15:17:33 <kennypaul> #info heat eta tomorrow, oom reviewing eta apr 26
15:18:55 <kennypaul> #info 17 pending jiras will be addressed by RC1
15:19:21 <kennypaul> #info so is dependent on oof - no testing of this yet
15:20:16 <kennypaul> #info requesting help with oom
15:23:41 <kennypaul> #info asking for expedited reviews of optf-has commit - sastry ooo
15:25:20 <kennypaul> #info catherine will provide resources to oof team, so team will also provide help
15:26:36 <kennypaul> #info vvp passes m4 noe, says Heat is an N/A item
15:28:48 <kennypaul> #info logging - no Heat n/a . code coverage blocked by a shared java/python pom file
15:30:25 <DhananjayPavgi> Exit
15:30:49 <kennypaul> #info no csit plan- no library now, casablanca deliverable. Michael O to write something.
15:33:18 <kennypaul> #info usecase-ui M4- not finding codecoverage and FOSS
15:33:54 <kennypaul> #info shentow needs to provide an update
15:37:30 <kennypaul> #info no longer at quorom, but consensus of those on call all pass m4 and are approved for RC0
15:37:42 <kennypaul> #topic integration
15:39:05 <kennypaul> #info helenchen shared her status page - most pairwise testing not done.
15:40:09 <kennypaul> #info request to review again on PTL meeting.
15:41:59 <kennypaul> #info suggestion that we have NOT passed M4
15:43:43 <kennypaul> #info discussions of checklists
15:44:55 <kennypaul> #info gildaslanilis recommends that any runtime projects that pass oom healthcheck pass RC0
15:47:21 <kennypaul> #info need more stringent enforcement as we move from Rc0 -> Rc1 > Rc2
15:51:01 <kennypaul> #info need to agree what each gate specifically means
15:54:18 <kennypaul> #info brian f recommends that no one cuts a beijing branch until they pass oom healthcheck
15:55:14 <kennypaul> #info "unless the jira ticket comes from helen folks shouldn't be working on it at this point"
15:57:59 <kennypaul> #info ptls should check with helen on status of pairwise testing
15:58:35 <kennypaul> #info mazin suggests clear definition of RC0 for Beiging, may be different for Casablanca
15:59:18 <kennypaul> #info mazin would like to see pairwise testing included as an RC0
15:59:56 <kennypaul> #info helen points out critaria set at santaclara
16:03:38 <kennypaul> #info much discussion over deliverables / requiorements
16:04:11 <kennypaul> #info chris recommends an email vote on RC0
16:04:46 <kennypaul> #info mazin concerned over changing the dates
16:05:31 <kennypaul> #info action gildaslanilis to send email on what projects passed from his perspective.
16:08:56 <kennypaul> #info Will review again at next week's meeting and then present options to the TSC.
16:09:37 <kennypaul> #info helen reviewed S3P requirements we committed to
16:13:13 <kennypaul> #info correction - gildaslanilis to present status at the next PTL Meeting - NOT via email.
19:27:52 <kennypaul> #endmeeting



Zoom Chat Log 

07:02:57 From Gildas Lanilis - Huawei : @Michael. Do it mean u r happy?
07:02:59 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : However openlab - running now seeing better but ~2mb/sec still have 81 after 4 min - usually down to 60 by now left - will post results in 20-40 min
07:03:30 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : outside network = very good, inside intel lab - half speed?
07:03:41 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : but we are better - thanks
07:06:16 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : kenny - very much thank you for the link URLs
07:06:31 From Susana (VF) : Sorry, i cannot connect to the IRC. But connected
07:07:42 From Lingli : me too
07:11:42 From Murat Turpcu : me too
07:13:30 From Lingli : It is not accurately reflecting our presence from the table. Rarely login on to the IRC for TSC calls.
07:16:43 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Murat/Lingli I’ve logged you
07:19:30 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : Policy - will have everything addressed today.
07:20:27 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : :)
07:20:40 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : Will do, thanks Steve.
07:26:34 From HZ : Is xcaml used in ONAP? what's the relationship with AAF?
07:26:43 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : Yes XACML is used.
07:27:13 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : AAF is a coarse-grained security for application level access. XACML provides fine-grained, it can be used on in addition to AAF.
07:27:46 From Alexander Vul : why do we need so many different ways to specify policies?
07:28:09 From HZ : Which project is using xacml?
07:28:09 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : Because policy decisions and enforcement has different scenarios. One PDP engine cannot do everything.
07:28:13 From Alexander Vul : Would we be better off having one normative way for policy specification?
07:28:19 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : HZ - the Policy Framework is using XACML
07:28:49 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : Alex, it isn’t about specifying policy. Its about how does it get enforced. Some PDPs do a better job than others in different situations.
07:29:01 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : If it was clear that one PDP engine could do it all, we would use it. But it isn't.
07:29:24 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : Specifying policy should be completely independent of the technology used to implement it.
07:30:01 From Vimal Begwani -- ATT : Use of XACML is somewhat limited, Drool is well suited for stateful policiesi, APEX colud support some scenario better than Drool
07:30:08 From HZ : Policy is using xcaml for access control of itself?
07:30:27 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : For ONAP no it is not yet. But that functionality is available for the community to use if they want.
07:34:41 From Alexander Vul : I think we need to start thinking of policies from a command and control perspective - as marching orders sent to specific ONAP components and based on which they operate. this was the "mother, may I" conversations would be limited to exception conditions, when a given component does not know what to do
07:35:22 From Eric Debeau : We need to prioritize RC0 topics and problems
07:36:58 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : @Liam please upload & linke the slides on the meeting agenda page
07:37:44 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : Healthcheck 26-27 out of 34
07:37:45 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) :

http://kibana.onap.info:5601/app/kibana#/dashboard/AWAtvpS63NTXK5mX2kuS?_g=(refreshInterval:(display:Off,pause:!f,value:0),time:(from:now-7d,mode:quick,to:now))&_a=(description:'',filters:!(),options:(darkTheme:!f),panels:!((col:1,id:AWAts77k3NTXK5mX2kuM,panelIndex:1,row:1,size_x:8,size_y:3,type:visualization),(col:9,id:AWAtuTVI3NTXK5mX2kuP,panelIndex:2,row:1,size_x:4,size_y:3,type:visualization),(col:1,id:AWAtuBTY3NTXK5mX2kuO,panelIndex:3,row:7,size_x:6,size_y:3,type:visualization),(col:1,id:AWAttmqB3NTXK5mX2kuN,panelIndex:4,row:4,size_x:6,size_y:3,type:visualization),(col:7,id:AWAtvHtY3NTXK5mX2kuR,panelIndex:6,row:4,size_x:6,size_y:6,type:visualization)),query:(match_all:()),timeRestore:!f,title:'CD%20Health%20Check',uiState:(),viewMode:view)


07:37:46 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : for oom
07:38:16 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : 26/34 for OOM this morning - http://jenkins.onap.info/job/oom-cd-master/2720/console
07:38:46 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : Healthcheck lockdown jira
07:38:47 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : https://jira.onap.org/browse/OOM-960
07:40:01 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : some of these are cassablanca level
07:40:13 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : the pending commits I mean
07:44:03 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : The highs are specific to the last 7 healthchecks for OOM - should be
07:44:49 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : I see them working
07:44:50 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : 13:17:03 onap dev-vid-74c5bb5d69-ld5nn 2/2 Running 0 1h
13:17:03 onap dev-vid-mariadb-9bbff4865-j2pkl 1/1 Running 0 1h
07:44:57 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : http://jenkins.onap.info/job/oom-cd-master/2720/console
07:45:42 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : 13:23:37 Basic VID Health Check | PASS |
07:47:36 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : pass
07:47:37 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : 13:21:30 Basic A&AI Health Check | PASS |
07:48:09 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : 13:21:33 Basic Policy Health Check | PASS |
07:48:13 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : on my lab
07:48:56 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : policy up ol
07:48:57 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : 13:17:03 onap dev-pap-bd6f978c5-rwm5w 2/2 Running 0 1h, 13:17:03 onap dev-pdp-0 2/2 Running 0 1h, 13:17:03 onap dev-pdp-1 2/2 Running 0 52m, 13:17:03 onap dev-policydb-5dbb9b54df-jfhch 1/1 Running 0 1h
07:49:09 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T, Policy, CL) : Thanks Michael!
07:51:41 From Liam Fallon (Ericsson) : @Paul Kenny I have just uploaded the slides and links for the presentation to the agenda
07:52:13 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/q/status:open+project:+oom+cli
07:59:09 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : Mandeep found we needed Kubernetes 1.8.10 - upgraded
08:00:32 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/q/status:open+project:+oom+portal
08:00:53 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : make sure your "kubectl version" says 1.8.10 on both client/server
08:03:55 From Catherine Lefevre : not sure people can hear me - externalapi m4 ok?
08:05:00 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : James'
08:05:00 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/43453/
08:06:32 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : sdc pods are good - agree how HC is run
08:06:33 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : 3:17:03 onap dev-sdc-be-5db548fcd8-4z9cc 2/2 Running 0 1h
13:17:03 onap dev-sdc-be-config-backend-cc459 0/1 Pending 0 27m
13:17:03 onap dev-sdc-cs-56bf4b4747-tv96m 1/1 Running 0 1h
13:17:03 onap dev-sdc-es-5ff48cc798-plphr 1/1 Running 0 1h
13:17:03 onap dev-sdc-fe-7fc94ff5d9-9bwtw 2/2 Running 0 1h
13:17:03 onap dev-sdc-kb-64884d65f4-dw8cz 1/1 Running 0 1h
13:17:03 onap dev-sdc-wfd-5b5d4f58f6-6zp76 1/1 Running 0 1h
08:26:15 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : Logging HC just needs a merge -
08:26:16 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/43593/ .  https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/43589 .  https://jira.onap.org/browse/OOM-914
08:26:49 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : For Logging code coverage -
08:26:51 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : fixed sonar oparent blocker -   https://jira.onap.org/browse/LOG-189
but issue running python and java in the same repo/pom - investigating if ciman work required
08:27:27 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : Note: logging HEAT Healthcheck will be n/a because the ELK stack is only in OOM by design since amsterdam
08:31:56 From Catherine Lefevre : can we get status regarding projects that did not get previously their m4 ? are these all good now? thanks
08:31:59 From Catherine Lefevre : i need to drop
08:33:05 From Michael O'Brien (Log, Amdocs) : need to drop for log spec meet - sorry
08:40:56 From Susana (VF) : also disconnecting\