Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

2018 TSC Recordings

IRC Minutes

Full IRC Log

Zoom Chat Log

Zoom Attendance Log


DurationAgenda ItemRequested byNotes / Links
START RECORDING
5 mHousekeeping

30 mIntegration Status
60 mBeijing Release Sign Off

time permitting

Modeling Subcommittee Update

Hui Deng

time permitting

Versioning & API Documentation Guidelines for Casablanca

Gregory Glover
Dana Bobko

3rd week carried forward

time permitting

Beijing Marketing pitch

mazin gilbertcarried forward from last week
time permitting

TSC Composition

Kenny Paul
Phil Robb

3rd week carried forward


Full IRC Log 

13:57:15 <kennypaul> #startmeeting tsc-2018-06-07
13:57:15 <collabot_> Meeting started Thu Jun  7 13:57:15 2018 UTC.  The chair is kennypaul. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:57:15 <collabot_> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:57:15 <collabot_> The meeting name has been set to 'tsc_2018_06_07'
13:57:34 <kennypaul> #chair SteveT gildaslanilis
13:57:34 <collabot_> Warning: Nick not in channel: gildaslanilis
13:57:34 <collabot_> Current chairs: SteveT gildaslanilis kennypaul
13:57:42 <kennypaul> #topic rollcall
13:58:09 <kennypaul> #info Alla Goldner, AMDOCS
13:58:10 <cdonley> #info Chris Donley Huawei
14:00:19 <ningso> #info Ning So, Reliance Jio
14:00:29 <Srini> #info proxy Srini Addepalli, Intel
14:00:41 <Xiaojun> #info Xiaojun Xie, China Telecom
14:00:43 <RannyHaiby> #info Ranny Haiby, Nokia
14:00:53 <EricDebeau> #info Eric Debeau, Orange
14:00:54 <SteveT> #info Stephen Terrill, Ericsson
14:00:56 <frankbrockners> #info Frank Brockners
14:01:31 <JasonHunt> #info Jason Hunt, IBM
14:01:38 <frankbrockners> zoom tells me that the host has not joined the meeting, which is why it does not allow me to connect. anyone  else with the same issue?
14:02:03 <kennypaul> the meeting is up
14:02:10 <cdonley> works for me
14:02:10 <Sanchita> #info proxy Sanchita Pathak, TechMahindra
14:02:25 <kennypaul> https://zoom.us/j/661303200
14:02:57 <xinhuili> #info Xinhui Li, VMware
14:03:38 <frankbrockners> kennypaul: did we change zoom settings? looks like dialback doesn't work any more (computer audio does=
14:04:09 <kennypaul> #info proxy CATHERINE LEFEVRE, AT&T
14:07:30 <Lingli> #info Lingli, CMCC
14:07:40 <kennypaul> #info Murat Tupcu, Turk Telekom
14:07:53 <frankbrockners> thanks kennypaul: dialback works (now that you're the host)
14:08:03 <gilbert> #info mazin gilbert
14:08:20 <SteveT> #topic Housekeeping
14:08:42 <SteveT> #info Deadline for informing of intention to participate in the casablanca list (projects) is today
14:08:51 <SteveT> #info will create a list
14:10:19 <SteveT> #action Gildas create a list of projects that are participating in the casablanca release
14:12:35 <EricDebeau> #info we need to address the Holmes and ESR project where PTL are no more active
14:14:15 <Susana> #info Susana Sabater, Vodafone
14:17:57 <kennypaul> #info frankbrockners shares that prooject specific papers WILL be accepted this time at ONS-Europe
14:18:08 <kennypaul> #topic Integration.
14:19:06 <kennypaul> #info logging maturity testing complete
14:20:14 <kennypaul> #info vCPE testing- OOM incomplete. Template missing - workaround exists.
14:21:48 <kennypaul> #undo
14:21:48 <collabot_> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.ircmeeting.items.Info object at 0x2a66810>
14:22:08 <kennypaul> #info vCPE testing- APPC incomplete. Template missing - workaround exists.
14:28:26 <kennypaul> #info maturity testing - aai-modelloader and dev-aai-resourses may fail closed loop. - helm config issue- release note recommended.
14:29:08 <kennypaul> #info concerns raises over updates being required to OOM in the Beijing branch.
14:30:14 <EricDebeau> #info need clarification: Helm version issue or Chart configuration ?
14:31:18 <kennypaul> #info brian freeman says "chart"
14:33:39 <EricDebeau> #info thanks
14:36:21 <kennypaul> #info questions about HPA- Srini says vCPE e2e testing is still pending OOM-
14:37:42 <kennypaul> #info Randa reports vCPE close loop restart via APPC just passed
14:38:09 <kennypaul> #topic Beijing release sign off
14:39:44 <kennypaul> #info no hig/highest jiras, no integration blockers, oom/heat all passed
14:40:28 <kennypaul> #info all dockers are correctly tagged, pairwise and maturity all green
14:41:03 <kennypaul> #info documentation- some release notes will require cherrypicking into beijing branch
14:41:42 <kennypaul> #info still beroken links, missing images, etc that need to be fixed in docs
14:42:08 <EricDebeau> #info documentation: please review the global documentation and give feedbacks.
14:42:29 <kennypaul> #info move from Amsterdam to Beijing readthe docs page will correspond with press release
14:43:31 <kennypaul> #info holmes & msb thanks to lingli for assisting with docs, no checklists.
14:44:46 <kennypaul> #info gildaslanilis recommends approval of the release.
14:46:42 <kennypaul> #info kennypaul says that leagal subcommittee will meetin on monday
14:48:54 <kennypaul> #startvote Does the TSC approve the release of the ONAP Beijing release? +1, 0, -1
14:48:54 <collabot_> Begin voting on: Does the TSC approve the release of the  ONAP Beijing release? Valid vote options are +1, 0, -1.
14:48:54 <collabot_> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:48:57 <cdonley> #vote +1
14:49:00 <SteveT> #vote +1
14:49:03 <frankbrockners> #vote +1
14:49:07 <Srini> #vote +1
14:49:09 <JasonHunt> #vote +1
14:49:12 <ningso> #vote +1
14:49:12 <RannyHaiby> #vote +1
14:49:12 <Xiaojun> #vote +1
14:49:14 <xinhuili> #vote +1
14:49:16 <EricDebeau> #vote +1
14:49:23 <kennypaul> #vote +1
14:49:33 <gildaslanilis> #vote +1
14:49:53 <kennypaul> #info kennypaul votes on behalf of Alla Goldner
14:49:56 <gildaslanilis> #info Gildas Lanilis voted for Murat Turpcu
14:50:33 <Lingli> #vote +1
14:50:39 <Pam> #vote +1
14:51:08 <SteveT> #info Pam votes for Mazin
14:51:11 <Pam> #info Pam voted for Mazin
14:51:22 <kennypaul> #endvote
14:51:22 <collabot_> Voted on "Does the TSC approve the release of the  ONAP Beijing release?" Results are
14:51:22 <collabot_> +1 (14): frankbrockners, Xiaojun, ningso, Lingli, JasonHunt, xinhuili, SteveT, Srini, kennypaul, cdonley, gildaslanilis, RannyHaiby, Pam, EricDebeau
14:52:02 <kennypaul> #agreed the TSC approves the release of the ONAP Beijing release
14:56:18 <kennypaul> #info PTLS that do not want a beijing branch created are to send email to gildaslanilis
14:57:35 <kennypaul> #info congrats to all!
14:58:00 <kennypaul> #topic Modeling Subcommittee update
14:58:24 <kennypaul> #info Hui Deng shared his slide deck
15:14:10 <kennypaul> #info discussion of data modeling and engagement / contribution of code. Perspective raised that papyrus should also be considered coding
15:21:53 <kennypaul> #info discussion on OnBoarding - suggestion that "NFV Profile" is confusing - does not represent what we want to do
15:23:59 <EricDebeau> #info we need to clarify what the VNF developers should use as VNF package/descriptor. Critical for 5G.
15:26:37 <kennypaul> #info Q) is there code in the modeling project that can be leveraged by other projects? A) repo is mainly for specs - no code to be there to be used
15:30:01 <kennypaul> #info brianheadstrom recommends renaming the modeling project to avoid confusion between tooling and specs.
15:34:22 <kennypaul> #info Casablanca documentation and TSAC Composition discussions carried forward to next week.
15:34:28 <kennypaul> #endmeeting


Zoom Chat Log 

07:09:22 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T) : RC2 was extended 2 weeks so we should allow extension
07:10:19 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : Q) we need to send a mail on whether our project is in Casablanca?
07:10:32 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T) : Yes Michael - to onap-tsc mailing list
07:11:16 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : thanks missed that one - https://lists.onap.org/pipermail/onap-tsc/2018-June/004917.html
07:13:28 From Stephen Terrill : In the charter its written that its required to inform the TSC list about the intention to participate in a release
07:13:37 From Stephen Terrill : Gildas just sets a date for that in the release planning
07:13:51 From Seshu : I see mails popping up on tsc list, @Michael you can refer to them
07:13:59 From Mazin to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : Kenny, We really need to finalize planning for the Awards. Can we connect later today?
07:16:10 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) to Mazin (Privately) : yes.
07:16:34 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : ONS likes hands-on/demo/devops ONAP specific presentations - approved a couple last march
07:17:35 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : I am in the release - feel better now - https://lists.onap.org/pipermail/onap-tsc/2018-June/004932.html
07:19:08 From Seshu : It's not you but your project that is being monitored
07:19:13 From Seshu : ;)
07:21:07 From Mazin to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : Please send me your availability and phone number for this afternoon. thanks.
07:23:51 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) to Mazin (Privately) : 510 766 5945 - the only thing I cannot move today is between 2:30-3:30 pacific.
07:28:52 From Eric Debeau : Is it a Helm pb or a Chart configuration ?
07:29:45 From Brian : chart
07:30:31 From Brian : need to add a ha proxy in front of one of the container types - a good thing
07:30:53 From Eric Debeau : ok. So let's document it
07:35:43 From Randa Maher (AT&T) : Latest breaking news... vCPE close loop restart via APPC just passed
07:35:56 From Stephen Terrill : (thumbs up)
07:35:59 From Marco Platania : Great Randa!
07:37:02 From ramki krishnan : Awesome Randa, timing cannot be any better!
07:37:27 From Eric Debeau : Just in time ;-) Congrats.
07:37:37 From Catherine Lefevre : excellent
07:38:13 From Helen Chen : Fantastic! @Randa and the team!
07:41:19 From Eric Debeau : Not only cosmetic issues...for the doc...
07:41:42 From Randa Maher (AT&T) : thank you all, but it's all due to this great team and the collaborative spirit with Integration - well done!
07:43:15 From Greg Glover (AT&T) : Also a call out to Eric Debeau for his help with last minute Documentation branching, formatting, etc.
07:44:51 From Helen Chen : @Randa, we have a winning team!
07:45:29 From Eric Debeau : @Greg, Thanks. It is a pleasure to work in such community ;-)
07:47:04 From Pawel Pawlak (Orange) : you mean release notes?
07:48:10 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Does the TSC approve the release of the ONAP Beijing release?
07:48:52 From Alla Goldner : Kenny, please vote "+1" on my behalf
07:49:14 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T) : I can help
07:49:17 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) : +1
07:50:25 From Catherine Lefevre : +1 for Mazin
07:51:40 From Michael Lando (SDC) : whooo!!!!!!
07:51:44 From Helen Chen : Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
07:52:14 From Alla Goldner : Congratulations to all of us!!!!!!!!!!!
07:52:22 From ramki krishnan : !!! Hearty Congrats !!!
07:52:24 From Seshu : Congrats everyone and thanks for the efforts
07:52:25 From Arun Arora : Congrats!!!!! :)
07:52:55 From Bin Yang (Wind River) : Congratulations!
07:53:44 From Dileep Ranganathan : yaaay!! Congrats and thank you everyone!!
07:54:03 From ChrisC (AT&T) : some teams already have a beijing branch, pls don't overwrite with content of master
07:54:21 From Catherine Lefevre : Way to Go TEAM - Well-Deserved - thank you for all your hard word to make this Beijing release true
07:54:22 From Dan Timoney : +1 to Chris’s comment
07:55:04 From Eric Debeau : Congrats
07:55:18 From Roger Maitland : Congratulations everyone
07:57:24 From Helen Chen : Could we remove the self-commit now?
07:59:54 From Michael Lando (SDC) : lets bring the self commit to a vote again
07:59:54 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Extremely proud of everyone on the team. Thank you!
08:01:07 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : @Helen i need to look at what was approved. :-) might be a few days yet.
08:02:17 From Helen Chen : Sure, thank you @Kenny
08:06:18 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #agreed TSC approve temporarily allowing the capability for all registered committers to self commit for 3 weeks with the policy of only being exercised by the PTL under exceptional circumstances for Highest Priority bugs
08:06:45 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : that was at the May 24 meeting.
08:08:01 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : So this time next week
08:08:05 From Helen Chen : Thank you!
08:09:56 From Catherine Lefevre : word -> Work —— :-)
08:27:43 From Gildas Lanilis : To All PTLs, I just emailed you all regarding the creation of Beijing Branch. In case you do not need branching, please reply asap so we know your intention.
08:31:49 From Stephen Terrill : Hi. On versioning there were a few reflections from the Architecture F2F in vancouver
08:31:57 From Stephen Terrill : have those been considered?
08:32:12 From Chris Donley : It's the same
08:33:15 From Stephen Terrill : thanks chris. Just trying to close the loop (figuratevly)
08:33:29 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T) : that’s my committee Stephen



Zoom Attendance Log