Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

IRC Minutes

2018 TSC Recordings

Full IRC Log

Zoom Chat Log

Zoom Attendance Log

DurationAgenda ItemRequested byNotes / Links
START RECORDING
10 mHousekeeping

10 mCasablanca Event Logistics

10 mRelease Status

30 mTSC Composition

4th week carried forward

20 mVersioning & API Documentation Guidelines for CasablancaGregory Glover
Dana Bobko
4th week carried forward
15m

TSC vote

Logging scope change for POMBA

carried forward to next week

The POMBA (post orchestration model based audit) has had 2 meetings with the Architecture subcommittee on

Logging Scope Change for POMBA seed code

Frequently Asked Questions

The last meeting gave the OK to start working in the logging-analytics repo from Chris and Stephen.

May 29 - https://lists.onap.org/pipermail/onap-discuss/2018-May/009660.html

June 12 - https://lists.onap.org/pipermail/onap-discuss/2018-June/010323.html

ONAPARC-148 - Getting issue details... STATUS

LOG-192 - Getting issue details... STATUS


Full IRC Log 

13:55:13 <kennypaul> #startmeeting tsc-2018-06-14
13:55:13 <collabot_> Meeting started Thu Jun 14 13:55:13 2018 UTC.  The chair is kennypaul. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:55:13 <collabot_> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:55:13 <collabot_> The meeting name has been set to 'tsc_2018_06_14'
13:55:35 <kennypaul> #chair phrobb, SteveT, gildaslanilis
13:55:35 <collabot_> Warning: Nick not in channel: gildaslanilis
13:55:35 <collabot_> Current chairs: SteveT gildaslanilis kennypaul phrobb
13:55:42 <kennypaul> #topic rollcall
13:58:35 <cdonley> #info Chris Donley Huawei
14:01:03 <Srini> #info proxy Srini Addepalli, Intel
14:01:21 <xinhuili> #info Xinhui Li, VMware
14:01:27 <Xiaojun> #info Xiaojun Xie, China Telecom
14:01:27 <Susana_> #info Susana Sabater, Vodafone
14:01:28 <kennypaul> #info Alla Goldner, AMDOCS
14:01:37 <SteveT> #info Stephen Terrill, Ericsson
14:02:03 <JasonHunt> #info Jason Hunt, IBM
14:02:09 <ningso> #info Ning So, Reliance Jio
14:02:10 <EricDebeau> #info Eric Debeau, Orange
14:02:43 <TimoPerala> #info Timo Perälä, Nokia, proxy to Ranny Haiby
14:02:50 <kennypaul> #Catherine Lefevre proxy AT&T
14:03:20 <Lingli> #info Lingli, CMCC
14:03:43 <gilbert> #info mazin (AT&T)
14:04:50 <kennypaul> #info Murat Tupcu, Turk Telekom
14:05:44 <SteveT> #topic Housekeeping
14:05:55 <SteveT> #info Community award notifications close today
14:06:18 <SteveT> #ONS europe CFP deealine June 24
14:06:45 <SteveT> #info ONS europe CFP deealine June 24
14:08:48 <frankbrockners> #info Frank Brockners
14:13:05 <davidsauvageau_> #info David Sauvageau, Bell
14:13:36 <SteveT> #topic IP-legal subcommitte recomendation
14:14:37 <SteveT> #info There was no objections to the approval of the IP legal subcommitte recomendation
14:17:17 <SteveT> #info Marketing collateral links to ONAP docs points to docs.onap.org/en/latest should be docs.onap.org. thoughts were requested for feedback
14:21:07 <EricDebeau> #We should link to the Beijing documentation doc
14:22:01 <SteveT> #info Recomended to address this in the marketing collateral. It was also suggested that on the "latest" page a note to indicate that if you are looking for the beijing documentation.
14:23:25 <EricDebeau> #info Beijing also appears in the url: https://docs.onap.org/en/beijing/ when using http://docs.onap.org
14:24:51 <SteveT> #topic Casablanca Event Logistics
14:25:13 <SteveT> #info suggested to download the material to have a local copy
14:33:59 <kennypaul> #topic Release Status
14:34:25 <kennypaul> #info @gildaslanilis shared his slides
14:36:46 <kennypaul> #info MSB, Holmes being in-or-out to be determined @M1- assumed to be in.
14:39:42 <kennypaul> #info multivim will need a scope change
14:41:03 <kennypaul> #undo
14:41:03 <collabot_> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.ircmeeting.items.Info object at 0x2a861d0>
14:41:45 <kennypaul> #info discussion of multivim scope remaining intact or does it change?
14:43:24 <kennypaul> #info @xinhuili reports scope unchanged from last year.
14:45:36 <kennypaul> #info more discussion needed next week
14:48:16 <kennypaul> #info Open Test Framework and Continuous Delivery still to be presented @ Arch Sub.
14:55:19 <kennypaul> #info Functional Requirements and Usecase owners need to work with the PTLs on worrk
14:57:47 <kennypaul> #info suggestion from Catherine on overall release requirements being concatenated (S3P, Usecase, Functional, etc)
14:59:38 <kennypaul> #action gildaslanilis will create a wiki page for consolidation -
15:04:40 <kennypaul> #info @Lingli recommends the usecase owner to negotiate resources.
15:07:11 <kennypaul> #info @gilbert asks if leads have been identifies for all new use cases and if presented to Arc
15:07:51 <kennypaul> #info not all have been presented to Arch yet
15:08:19 <kennypaul> #info not all new use cases have been presented to Arch yet
15:13:00 <kennypaul> #info Chaker says we don't have a clear understranding of impact to all components - Arch review is for fit, not resourcing and impact
15:13:51 <kennypaul> #info @cdonley says that the usecase owner is to push that through with the PTLs.
15:18:00 <kennypaul> #info discussion around the PTS's finding things on approved usecase/features too late.
15:19:05 <kennypaul> #info @JasonHunt looking for addl S3P feedback
15:22:26 <kennypaul> #topic TSC Composition
15:23:16 <kennypaul> #info Survyt info has been posted to the TSC meeting minute\s for the past 4 weeks.
15:23:43 <kennypaul> #info Keeny and Phil to send proposals based upon the survey
15:24:24 <kennypaul> #info will also be reviewed next week.
15:24:52 <kennypaul> #topic Casablanca versions and doc
15:25:14 <kennypaul> #info Greg Glover reviewed his slides
15:25:45 <kennypaul> #info new template recommended as is the use of swagger.
15:27:26 <kennypaul> #info reccomend having the backward compatibility for API versions of Major release minus 1 year,
15:29:46 <kennypaul> #info suggestion that this is adopted as a Policy.
15:31:50 <kennypaul> #info Seshu suggests tying any policy to CII badging.
15:32:27 <kennypaul> #info Amy Z posts CII into to zoom chat
15:34:43 <kennypaul> #info SteveT feels that more clarity on the implementation and priority of the proposal is needed
15:35:31 <kennypaul> #info concerns raised on existing versus new interfaces
15:37:09 <kennypaul> #info @JasonHun mentions that some of this is can be captures in usability requirements.
15:39:18 <kennypaul> #info follow-up discussion is needed for existing work
16:06:27 <kennypaul> #endmeeting

Zoom chat log 

07:00:37 From Alla Goldner : Kenny, please register me on IRC
07:01:43 From Catherine Lefevre : i am proxy for Mazin until he will join the call
07:02:04 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : logged Alla
07:03:01 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Catherine Logged
07:04:00 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : hi kenny
07:05:02 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Murat logged
07:21:20 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : tagged log page kenny - labelled via lower right corner - (padlock was on top left) - as kp-keep
07:21:20 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10784046
07:28:17 From Arash Hekmat (Amdocs) : Will the Beijing sessions be recorded?
07:38:18 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : CD - will need another talk with the Integration team first - may be absorbed and proposal removed
07:41:13 From Steven Wright : is the proposed container based development project scoped to the ONAP platfrom components or does this impact VNFs?
07:43:03 From Eric Debeau : CD is an important topic, I think it should be separated from Integration project where there are a lot of activities
07:44:17 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : CD - Agree - separate - I will schedule an onap meeting to go over all efforts, integration/logging/oom/opnfv - we could all participate
07:44:18 From Brian : Being able to onboard and instantiate container based VNFs is bigger than MultiVIM
07:44:48 From Eric Debeau : I fully agree with Brian
07:47:03 From xinhui? iPhone : ok
07:50:28 From Steven Wright : +1 @Brian, @Eric
07:51:02 From Srini Addepalli (Intel) : Gildas, On Support for K8S based Cloud regions is presented to architecture subcommittee and it is endorsed. I don't remember the date. As discussed today, we will present in TSC for final approval.
07:52:38 From Mazin : CD may be separated from Integration; nevertheless, it would be good for the two to discuss before presentation to the TSC.
07:53:34 From Brian : Use case owners need to work PTL committment for casablanca its not automatic
07:53:57 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : For CD Ran Pollack is also the CD rep in Integration in addtion to Helen
07:54:11 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : https://jira.onap.org/browse/LOG-300
07:54:45 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : https://jira.onap.org/browse/INT-300
07:55:49 From Vimal Begwani -- ATT : @Brian -- agree & use case owners are working with PTLs
07:56:05 From xinhui li : container is in the scope of multicloud from the very beginning, Multicloud does not need rescope and will automatic include this proposal
07:58:02 From Brian : Xinhui - if no artifacts in SDC provide container aprameters there won't be any containers to implement - that is my point - its not just being able to call the K8 api's via multivim
07:58:41 From xinhui li : Brain - reasonable
07:59:09 From DENG Hui : we still need modeling to handle this artifact
07:59:40 From xinhui li : right, Multi VIM/Cloud need to handle the infrastructure modeling
08:01:20 From Brian : Ling Li - could you say it again ?
08:01:27 From Catherine Lefevre : please put some target dates considering PTLS will need at least 1 week to assess what they can commit based on people contributing to their projects
08:02:42 From Catherine Lefevre : thank you
08:09:35 From Steven Wright : Is there a documented deliverable on teh wiki that captures the impacts from the use case across each of the projects?
08:11:18 From Lingli : there is a section called project impact and project commitment on the CCVPN usecase
08:18:08 From Arash Hekmat (Amdocs) : I agree with Chaker. Some use cases are just too big for PTLs to realize the impact on them. As an example, DCAE project is being loaded with requirements for Casablanca
08:24:19 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : i need to leave i will try to connect over zoom next week please send the updated meeting, best regards
08:27:39 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : Q: I know we discussed this - Time and timezone of next TSC meet? would like to prep from North America - thank you
08:29:03 From Brian : how will we move to this while adding functions - we need a plan for each server side to implemnt and hten a plan for the client side to shift to using that api
08:30:07 From Stephen Terrill : The architecture sub-comittee review quested the x-component
08:31:12 From Amy Zwarico : The project MUST provide reference documentation that describes the external interface (both input and output) of the software produced by the project. (N/A allowed.) (Justification required for "N/A".) [documentation_interface]
08:31:35 From Amy Zwarico : The project MUST provide basic documentation for the software produced by the project. (N/A allowed.) (Justification required for "N/A".) [documentation_basics]
08:33:32 From Amy Zwarico : The project MUST make an effort to keep the documentation consistent with the current version of the project results (including software produced by the project). Any known documentation defects making it inconsistent MUST be fixed. If the documentation is generally current, but erroneously includes some older information that is no longer true, just treat that as a defect, then track and fix as usual. [documentation_current]
08:33:41 From Steven Wright : are the different versions all to be tested by CSIT as part of integration test of the E-E use cases?
08:35:12 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : got to go to the acumos meet
08:35:25 From Michael O'Brien (LOG, Amdocs) : next meeting time?


Zoom Attendee Log 

Action items

  •