Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Duration 90 minutes

DurationAgenda ItemRequested byNotes / Links
10 mHousekeeping

10 mRelease Status: M1 Update and Approval

10 mTSC Composition Resultshttps://lists.onap.org/g/ONAP-TSC/message/3266
40 mModeling subcommitteeHui Deng

1)      DENG Hui will brief 3mins

2)      Andy will present option 1 (15mins)

3)      Thinh will present option 2 (10mins)

4)      Brief summary to ask TSC advice (5 mins)


5)      Chris donley will introduce IM discussion  (5 mins)

15 mVote on TSC Meeting Participation

https://lists.onap.org/g/ONAP-TSC/search?ev=false&q=%22TSC+Attendance+requirements+-+discussion%22

Not discussed MOVE TO July 12

15 mPTL / Subcommittee Election dedline extension

brought forward from June 28
https://lists.onap.org/g/ONAP-TSC/message/3210

Not discussed MOVE TO July 12

5m Proposal for a the use of the TSC Policy wiki Stephen Terrill

 

Not discussed Stephen Terrill will take to email

10 mins Proposal for a TSC policy on Release Maintenance  Stephen Terrill

 

Not discussed MOVE to Aug 2 per Stephen Terrill

10 mins Proposal on a TSC policy on upgrade 

 

Not discussed MOVE to Aug 2 per Stephen Terrill

Full IRC Log 

13:50:42 <kennypaul> #startmeeting tsc-2018-07-05
13:50:42 <collabot`> Meeting started Thu Jul  5 13:50:42 2018 UTC.  The chair is kennypaul. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:50:42 <collabot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:50:42 <collabot`> The meeting name has been set to 'tsc_2018_07_05'
13:51:07 <kennypaul> #chair phrobb, SteveT, gildaslanilis
13:51:07 <collabot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: gildaslanilis
13:51:07 <collabot`> Current chairs: SteveT gildaslanilis kennypaul phrobb
13:51:16 <kennypaul> #topic rollcall
13:58:46 <kennypaul> #info Alla Goldner, AMDOCS
13:59:22 <Xiaojun> #info Xiaojun Xie, China Telecom
13:59:26 <ningso> #info Ning So, Reliance Jio
13:59:40 <donaldh> #info Donald Hunter, Cisco
13:59:45 <SteveT> #info Stephen Terrill, Ericsson
13:59:59 <xinhuili> #info Xinhui Li, VMware
14:00:53 <RannyHaiby> #info Ranny Haiby, Nokia
14:01:03 <EricDebeau> #info Eric Debeau, Orange
14:01:12 <kennypaul> #Dhananjay Pavgi, Tech Mahindra
14:01:13 <davidsauvageau_> #info David Sauvageau, Bell Canada
14:01:36 <kennypaul> #info Alex Vul, proxy Intel
14:02:06 <Zhaoxing> #info Zhaoxing, ZTE
14:02:11 <JasonHunt> #info Jason Hunt, IBM
14:02:14 <cdonley> #info Chris Donley Huawei
14:02:20 <gilbert> #info mazin gilbert
14:02:54 <Jquilty> #info John Quilty Ericsson, will be Stephen Terrills proxy
14:03:49 <Lingli> #info Lingli?CMCC
14:07:56 <kennypaul> #topic hiusekeeping
14:08:42 <kennypaul> #info need input from TSC on input for ONS-Europe
14:09:18 <kennypaul> #info mailing lists - kenny will send email on tagging
14:09:46 <kennypaul> #info instant messaging. still an open request
14:10:04 <kennypaul> #topic release management
14:10:24 <kennypaul> #info gildaslanilis reviewed his slides
14:14:33 <kennypaul> #startvote Does the TSC approve the recommendations in version 4 of the slide deck for functional, non-functional and use cases? +1, 0, -1
14:14:33 <collabot`> Begin voting on: Does the TSC approve the recommendations in  version 4 of the slide deck for functional, non-functional and use cases? Valid vote options are +1, 0, -1.
14:14:33 <collabot`> Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:14:59 <cdonley> #vote +1
14:15:01 <RannyHaiby> #vote +1
14:15:04 <Xiaojun> #vote +1
14:15:05 <gilbert> #vote +1
14:15:06 <SteveT> #vote +1
14:15:11 <EricDebeau> #vote +1
14:15:12 <JasonHunt> #vote +1
14:15:12 <ningso> #vote +1
14:15:18 <davidsauvageau_> #vote +1
14:15:43 <xinhuili> #vote +1
14:15:45 <phrobb> #vote +1
14:15:47 <gildaslanilis> #vote +1
14:15:59 <kennypaul> #info Murat Tupcu, Turk Telekom
14:16:01 <phrobb> #info phrobb cast a vote for Alex Vul of Intel
14:16:06 <gildaslanilis> #info Gildas voted for Alla Goldner
14:16:10 <kennypaul> #vote +1
14:16:28 <Pam> #vote +1
14:16:36 <Pam> #info Pam voted for Dhanajay
14:16:51 <kennypaul> #info my vote on behalf of Murat Tupcu
14:17:16 <kennypaul> #endvote
14:17:16 <collabot`> Voted on "Does the TSC approve the recommendations in  version 4 of the slide deck for functional, non-functional and use cases?" Results are
14:17:16 <collabot`> +1 (14): RannyHaiby, ningso, phrobb, JasonHunt, xinhuili, SteveT, Pam, kennypaul, cdonley, gildaslanilis, gilbert, Xiaojun, davidsauvageau_, EricDebeau
14:17:22 <Zhaoxing> #vote +1
14:18:01 <kennypaul> #topic TSC composition
14:18:21 <kennypaul> #info vote 10-6 for option 1
14:18:58 <kennypaul> #info steady state has been reached as per the charter
14:21:46 <kennypaul> #info phrobb reviewed the survey results
14:22:34 <kennypaul> #info gilbert recommends nominations start next week
14:36:12 <kennypaul> #agreed there will be two weeks of nominations, and two weeks for the vote. Nomination email to be sent next week.
14:38:13 <kennypaul> #topic modeling subcommittee update
14:38:40 <kennypaul> #info DENG Hui reviewed his slides
14:40:18 <kennypaul> #agreed TSC approves the recommendations in version 4 of gildaslanilis slide deck for functional, non-functional and use cases
14:42:54 <kennypaul> #info above agreement related to M1 approval
14:44:35 <kennypaul> #info andy mayer reviewed his slides on the data modeling option #1
15:01:14 <kennypaul> #info thinh nguyenpho reviewed his slides on data model option #2
15:19:31 <kennypaul> #discussion of options
15:26:27 <kennypaul> #action deng hui to initiate email discussion on both options and modeling sub to define a concise representation of both options for next week's TSC meeting
15:27:46 <kennypaul> #info request that impact on projects and integration in modeling discussions
15:28:04 <kennypaul> #topic information model
15:28:20 <kennypaul> #info cdonley reviewed his slides
15:30:07 <kennypaul> #info no consensus on final merge and publish workflow
15:33:29 <kennypaul> #info should have consensus by next week.
15:33:43 <kennypaul> #topic carry forward
15:35:06 <kennypaul> #info alla: meeting participation, mazin:extending ptl deadline, steve: tsc polict wiki, release maintenance policy & upgrade policy proposals
15:35:15 <kennypaul> #endmeeting



Zoom Chat Log 

07:02:12 From Dhananjay Pavgi to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : Hi Kenny Good morning
07:02:20 From Dhananjay Pavgi to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : Request to login to IRC for me, Dhananjay here
07:04:56 From Michael O'Brien : Kenny, I will add myself as moderator for onap-discuss, onap-tsc today
07:07:17 From Michael O'Brien : updated moderators link - after jgroups upgrade
07:07:18 From Michael O'Brien : https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-discuss/message/9567?p=,,,20,0,0,0::relevance,,moderator,20,2,0,22460526
07:07:35 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Thanks michael, I’ll circle back with you
07:12:40 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : hi kenny i am a little late please log me in
07:14:19 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #startvote Does the TSC approve the recommendations in version 4 of the slide deck for functional, non-functional and use cases?
07:14:45 From Dhananjay Pavgi to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : +1
07:15:10 From Alla Goldner : Kenny, please vote +1 for me
07:15:29 From Alexander Vul : Intel +1
07:15:30 From Dhananjay Pavgi : Kenny, Please vote +1 for me
07:15:33 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) : please vote +1 for me
07:25:22 From Ranny Haiby : +1 for extending the nomination process due to summer vacations
07:28:19 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T) : Have people who self-nominate prove in their nomination that they meet eligibility. i.e. submit their bitergia.
07:35:49 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) : by the way we have contributions under netsia which is our subsidiary
07:53:18 From Eric Debeau : Black box is not the good wording...here.
07:55:25 From Chesla Wechsler (AT&T) : It's only to indicate that there is an internal data model which should be able to adapt flexibly wihin ONAP. Better wording would probably have made that more clear. Interfaces between components will be well documented.
07:56:04 From Eric Debeau : Thanks...Because we are in an open source community. everything is open ;-)
07:56:23 From Alexander Vul : @eric to put it differently, we need to facilitate adoption of interoperabiliy standards independently from the evolution of internal ONAP architecture and scope, both greater than ETSI MANO defines...
07:57:45 From Dhananjay Pavgi : @Andy et' all : That's brilliant idea. That is exactly, we need to drive to. IMHO, it would pave the way to conduct something like ETSI Plugfest for ONAP. That would significantly improve "Deployability". Agree?
07:58:15 From Steven Wright : There is a phase earlier than onboarding where ONAp has already produced artifacts impacting the modelling work. These model proposals should be evaulated and traced against their conformance to existing ONAP VNF Requirments published at docs.onap.org
07:58:19 From Alexander Vul : +1
07:58:28 From Honor : +1
07:58:34 From Eric Debeau : +2 for ONAP Plugfest with vendors coming with their various descriptors. We can help on that.
07:58:34 From Michael Lando (SDC) : +1
07:59:30 From Pamela Dragosh (AT&T) : +1
07:59:49 From Alexander Vul : the "on-boarding models" would be compliant with the VNF requirement for badging.
08:00:06 From Alexander Vul : Again, the architectural evolution of ONAP is orthogonal to this...
08:09:30 From Alexander Vul : what we agreed to at the end of R2 is how to represent the VNFs
08:09:43 From Alexander Vul : which is based on SOL001
08:09:49 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : @Thinh please make sure that you upload a PDF of your slides to the meeting agenda page.
08:10:29 From Thinh Nguyenphu : yes. i will upload, can you post the link
08:12:28 From Eric Debeau : We must take into consideration deployability first and code availability as we are in an open source community. If we have new descriptor and we are able to test it, to validate it, we will have diffculties to debug/integratre. I am very concerned about that.
08:12:42 From Thinh Nguyenphu : Recommendation #1 covers one of the bullet
08:15:18 From Michael Lando (SDC) : option one keeps the original descriptor from sol001
08:18:13 From Alla Goldner : +1 on Mazin's proposal on the way forward
08:23:34 From shitao li : option 2 suggests continue to develop based on R2 model
08:24:25 From Lingli : it is not clear in your proposal
08:26:02 From Andy Mayer (AT&T) : Are we evolving the Resource Information Model for R3??
08:26:29 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) : are we going to do a cross check for project commitments like m1 gate
08:28:41 From Alexander Vul : If I understand Lingli's concerns correctly, we need to ensure that option 1 does not have any adverse effect on the current use of TOSCA based VNFDs in VF-C
08:29:24 From Lingli : that is not what i mean
08:29:26 From Alexander Vul : Same would be true if we had actually managed to get a TOSCA based VNFD implemented for the vCPE use case
08:29:57 From Alexander Vul : Ok, @Lingli, then what are the techincal concerns?
08:30:41 From Alexander Vul : in both options the data model for VNFDs is consistent - based on R2, with new extensions as defined by SOL001 specificiation...
08:30:43 From Steven Wright : @Chris Donley papyrus tool chain - I would liek to see links in the papyrus models back to the VNF requirments
08:30:45 From Rich Bennett : Like to discuss option of RST publish on RTD also
08:30:54 From Lingli : I do not know how proposal 1 would affect the projects as there is not enough detail
08:31:35 From Alexander Vul : @Lingli - I see...
08:31:36 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : @ramki - muted you
08:31:50 From Lingli : the high level framework is not hard to follow
08:32:40 From Lingli : but why we need to throw away what we have as the internal model and ivent another is not clear



Zoom Attendance Log 

Action items

  •  

2 Comments

  1. Stephen Terrill  Regarding the wiki page proposal. this is a direct reflection of the wiki issues discussed as part of the feedback in Beijing. A page does exist, but it has not been added to-  Approved Operational Policies . 

  2. Thanks Kenny, I see the page now.  Then I think we can keep this agenda point short and take actions to update it.  BTW, maybe this is a good time to create a TSC JIRA for action point tracking (smile)