Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Duration 90 minutes 

Agenda ItemRequested byNotes / Links
Housekeeping

includes subc election certifications

Release Status

Sonatype CLM Vulnerability. Follow upGildas Lanilis

Subcommittee / Coordinator UpdateAmy Zwarico

Seccom

ONAP Documentation (Committer/PTL updates)Rich Bennett

Committer Promotion Request Sofia Wallin for [DOC]

https://lists.onap.org/g/ONAP-TSC/topic/onap_discuss_doc_doc/25505447?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,25505447



Zoom Chat Log 



06:57:12 From NingSo : #info Ning So, Reliance Jio
06:57:38 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) : #info Murat Turpcu, Turk Telekom
06:57:49 From Chris Donley : #info Chris Donley Huawei
06:59:21 From Stephen Terrill : #info Stephen Terrill, Ericsson
07:00:36 From Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) : #info Srinivasa Addepalli, Intel
07:00:40 From Eric Debeau : #info Eric Debeau, Orange
07:00:46 From Jason Hunt : #info Jason Hunt, IBM
07:00:47 From Ranny Haiby : #info Ranny Haiby, Nokia
07:00:57 From Bin Yang (Wind River) : #info Bin Yang, Wind River
07:01:53 From Viswa KSP : #info Viswa Verizon
07:03:18 From Susana (VF) : #info Susana Sabater Vodafone
07:05:35 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : Sorry - I just joined -
07:06:02 From Yang Xu to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : Helen is not available today, I will represent integration team
07:08:41 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/osn_days_2018/
07:08:41 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : Can we book a room at ONS Europe so we can at least meet any new TSC member if they are coming?
07:09:05 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : excellent - thanks
07:09:46 From Frank Brockners : Unconference at ONS.EU
07:09:48 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : https://www.meetup.com/pro/osnug
07:09:48 From Frank Brockners : https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Open+Networking+Summit+Europe+2018+-+Unconference+Topic+Proposals
07:10:25 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : Thanks Frank
07:20:36 From Susana (VF) : What about resolving it by making co-chairs? Some fora resolve it that way
07:22:25 From Lingli : #info Lingli, CMCC
07:22:59 From Jason Hunt : from the FAQ about No Opinion: What does “no opinion” mean? It means you are providing no information about how this choice ranks with respect to the other choices. For example, if you give one choice the rank 1, and give all other choices the rank “no opinion”, your ballot becomes useless because it doesn't express any preferences. Voters often pick “no opinion” when what they mean is that they don't like the choice or that they don't have any information about it. In these situations, it is often better to give the choice a low rank rather than to select “no opinion”. A good reason for a voter to give a choice the rank “no opinion” is because the voter isn't supposed to express an opinion about that choice.
07:23:11 From Jason Hunt : which is confusing to me… :)
07:24:17 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #topic modeling election
07:24:38 From Susana (VF) : they need to setup their way of working. can be alternate meetings...
07:24:47 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : discussion of tie vote
07:25:13 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : “no opinion” checkbox created confusion
07:25:18 From Eric Debeau : I agree with 2 co-chairs
07:25:49 From jianguo zeng to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : I agree with 2 co-chairs
07:26:00 From jianguo zeng : I agree with 2 co-chairs
07:26:19 From Victor Gao : I agree with 2 co-chairs
07:26:35 From NingSo : +1 with co-chairs
07:26:40 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : +1 for Modeling co-chairs - TSC next contact point if co-chairs face conflict in the future
07:27:56 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #startvote Does the TSC approve appointing both candidates as co-chairs as an exception for this round of elections for the Modeling Sucommittee
07:28:03 From Eric Debeau : #vote +1
07:28:04 From Chris Donley : #vote +1
07:28:04 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : +1 for Modeling co-chairs - TSC next contact point if co-chairs face conflict in the future
07:28:12 From NingSo : #vote +1
07:28:12 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : #vote +1
07:28:14 From Susana (VF) : #vote +1
07:28:15 From Ranny Haiby : #vote +1
07:28:15 From Murat Turpcu ( Turk Telekom) : #vote +1
07:28:16 From Bin Yang (Wind River) : #vote +1
07:28:20 From Viswa KSP ( Verizon ) : #vote +1
07:28:21 From Sebastian Zechlin [DT] : #vote +1
07:28:23 From Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) : #vote +1
07:28:28 From David Sauvageau : #vote +1
07:28:28 From Andrei Kojukhov, Amdocs : #vote +1
07:28:29 From Jason Hunt : #vote +1
07:28:31 From Stephen Terrill : #vote -1
07:28:33 From Lingli : #vote +1
07:28:46 From sarat : +1
07:28:56 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #endvote
07:29:00 From Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) : In future, we should remove "no opinion" option in the voting.
07:29:29 From Chris Donley : @Srini: +1 
07:29:30 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #Agreed the TSC approves appointing both candidates as co-chairs as an exception for this round of elections for the Modeling Sucommittee 
07:29:30 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : I agree Srini - action item for Kenny :-)
07:31:39 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #topic usecase subc elections
07:32:11 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : +1 for guidance provided
07:32:29 From Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) : +1 on the outcome
07:32:59 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #agreed the TSC confirms the outcome of the 2018 Usecase Subcommittee election 
07:33:14 From Brian : congrats Alla !
07:37:12 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #topic TSC Chair elections
07:37:36 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : discussion of TAC representation
07:38:24 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Mazin will be stepping down as TAC rep following the Chair elections
07:38:35 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Chair has first right of refusal
07:39:04 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : Can we document this so it is not lost
07:40:01 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : this=additional responsabilites of TSC Chair
07:40:34 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #action kenny need to document this TAC responsibilities as a TSAC Policy
07:41:24 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : ^^ TSC
07:42:18 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #agreed A Chair election followed by a Vice-Chair election for the TSC
07:43:33 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #topic release manager
07:44:15 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : will not be funded by Huawei following Casablanca
07:48:38 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : I see it also - can't remember if it is the same as before
07:49:16 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : now get the normal "other sharing i progress" - thanks kenny
07:49:42 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : discussion of community staffed release manager versus an LFN funded staff memeber
07:50:11 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #topic Casablanca Release status
07:50:13 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : I will push for pomba-sdnc right after the call
07:51:35 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : 3 full pages of daily job failures
07:52:36 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : some are still waiting on images, one is because there is no docker required
07:53:21 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : OOM HC failing for SO, APPC, OOF, DCAE, AAF
07:53:45 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : integratioon blockers: SO-1031 and SO-1022
07:54:16 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Brian F- 1031 patch pushed last night
07:54:58 From Dan Timoney : Pushed a change this morning to resolve daily build issue in sdnc/oam, so that should be resolved today
07:55:52 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : issues with memory and name space
07:55:55 From Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : Hi Kenny, I need to leave now as there is some internal meeting which I can't avoid today
07:56:04 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) to Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) (Privately) : ok
07:59:54 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Mike E targeting a fix today
08:01:22 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #topic Sonatype Nexus IQ
08:03:08 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : related to the new template for vulnerability
08:03:47 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #action kenny delete security space created due to the license issues
08:05:48 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : can we place these on the coding-guidelines
08:06:45 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Developer+Best+Practices
08:07:03 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : M Lando - need aggregated location for the details
08:07:21 From Randa Maher (AT&T) : you probably need to check release notes too since previous template requested that security issues be documented in release notes
08:08:07 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Catherine - use the tool - full information is there
08:09:07 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : can we reference the link - just keep everything in sonar - like
08:09:08 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : https://jira.onap.org/browse/LOG-617
08:09:24 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : for epic https://jira.onap.org/browse/LOG-616
08:12:05 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #action - PTLs. Send recommendations to working group for interim solutions
08:13:53 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : ^^ for PTL meeting Monday
08:13:59 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #info #info Gildas volunteered to be part of TAC workgroup
08:17:15 From Lingli to Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) (Privately) : I joined late . Have the December meeting settled ?
08:19:20 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : +1 for me for Sofia !
08:19:48 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : fully agree +1 for Sofia
08:19:53 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #agreed the TSC approved the committer promotion exception for Sofia Wallin for the Documentation project.
08:20:29 From Eric Debeau : Tanks Rich and Stephen to solve this issue and welcome to Sofia
08:20:51 From Gildas Lanilis : Congrats Sofia!!!
08:21:33 From Catherine Lefevre (AT&T) : Great to have doc alignment across open source initiatives ;-)
08:22:07 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : #topic Casablanca S3p Security testing
08:22:54 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : Amy Zwarico shared slides
08:25:17 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : log audit - we had a tool TBD - but have a jira - posting
08:25:32 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) to Lingli (Privately) : will be January.
08:25:40 From Eric Debeau : Very good requirements...but how can we test all thes requirements ?
08:25:47 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) to Lingli (Privately) : location not finalized
08:27:06 From Pamela Dragosh : I don’t disagree with these, but isn’t it kind of late in the development process to add more requirements to the project teams.
08:27:08 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : part of s3p epic for logging
08:27:08 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : https://jira.onap.org/browse/LOG-380
08:28:33 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : concerns raised over meeting the requirements in the M4 deadline
08:29:44 From Dan Timoney : +1 to Pam. Also, tooling has been an issue (scans were broken for several weeks, we lost access to the reports for a week, and now we’re being told we cannot share details of security vulnerabilities with the developers responsible for resolving them)
08:29:47 From Susana (VF) : sorry, i need to leave the call for another meeting
08:32:50 From Michael O'Brien (Amdocs,LOG) : https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects?q=onap
08:33:30 From Kenny Paul (Linux Foundation) : the scans were not broken for several weeks- it was more like 10 days


Zoom Attendance Log 

Action items

  • Kenny Paul document this TAC responsibilities as a TSC Policy
  • Kenny Paul delete security space created due to the license issues
  • PTLs  Send recommendations on security template to working group for interim solutions – due Monday PTL meeting