- SRIOV-NIC Support
- Multi-Cluster schedulersupport
- Edge-Labeling & Daemon-set implementation across edges
- User Manager
- Meta-configuration schedulerCluster-Labeling
- Distributed Cloud support
- Placement support (if there are multiple edge candidates) HPA support (being taken care as part of HPA work)with HPA
- Service Coupling using ISTIO and OVNWGRD
- CLI Support for all relevant APIs. (Applications, Resource-Bundle definitions, Profiles, Configuration templates, configs and meta-configs etc...)
- Continuous monitoring (using Kubernetes APIs) and updating the DB with latest status and resources allocated.
- CLI/GUI support on the status of resources (At app level, At resource bundle level and at each resource level)
- Integration with CDS
- Study: Security orchestration (Possibly in R7)
- Study : ETSI defined Container definition
ONAP Architecture impact
All the changes are expected to be done in Multi-Cloud project. We don't expect any changes to API exposed by Multi-Cloud to the SO. Also, there are no changes expected in SDC to Multi-Cloud interface. All the work that was done SDC and SO will be good enough in R6.
There are some suggestions from the community to make "K8S workload support" as first class citizen and that may require changes to SDC and SO. But that is not planned for R6.
Few conceptual differences:
- In R4/R5, each K8S cluster is expected to be registered as cloud-region in A&AI by the ONAP admin user. Now, it is expected that each 'distributed cloud' is registered as the cloud-region.
- In R4/R5, each RB only has one helm chart. In R6, it is going to be enhanced where one RB can have multiple helm charts. There would be one meta file in the RB to describe the helm charts. Since, the entire RB is represented as tar file, there are no code changes expected in SDC or SDC client in Multi-Cloud.
- In R4/R5, there is no concept of 'Deployment intent'. In R6, deployment intents are to be created by the user before instantiating the service/RB.
- In R4/R5, each profile has only one values.yaml file, but now each profile can have multiple values.yaml files as RB would have multiple helm charts (sub-apps).
All these conceptual differences are localized to Multi-Cloud project and no change is expected in any other project.
R4 Page Link: K8S based Cloud Region Support