Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Hancock Park Meeting Room

Go here for ONAP Breakouts @ ONS March 26 & 27 

Date

Audio Issues

Although this was a face-to-face meeting plans and efforts to be inclusive of remote attendees were taken into account for this meeting. The phone line and conference phone interconnect ordered for the meeting room were not delivered by the hotel. Our attempts to mic remote attendees via an audio feed from the host laptop into the meeting room consistently resulted in creating a feedback loop. The conference room was equipped with only one handheld and one Lav mic and I was the only only able to hear and relay any comments from attendees on the bridge. We did the did the best we could to be inclusive of remote participation and I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

- kenny

Recording

IRC Minutes

Full IRC Log 

Zoom Chat Log 

Agenda ItemRequested byNotes / Links
Housekeeping

Casablanca goals and expectations
M4 Review: Code Freeze

Project Status in Beijing Release#M4Status

 Modeling subcommittee Hui Dengnot covered - moving to next week.

Full IRC Log 

14:08:18 <kennypaul> #startmeeting tsc-2018-03-29
14:08:18 <collabot> Meeting started Thu Mar 29 14:08:18 2018 UTC.  The chair is kennypaul. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:08:18 <collabot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:08:18 <collabot> The meeting name has been set to 'tsc_2018_03_29'
14:08:49 <phrobb> #topic rollcall
14:09:05 <SteveT> #info Stephen Terrill, Ericsson
14:09:07 <phrobb> #info TSC members please #info in
14:09:17 <frankbrockners> #info Frank Brockners
14:09:42 <Huabing_Zhao> #info Huabing Zhao on behalf of Zhaoxing Meng, ZTE
14:10:08 <RannyHaiby> #info Ranny Haiby, Nokia
14:10:35 <kennypaul> #chair phrpobb, SteveT
14:10:35 <collabot> Warning: Nick not in channel: phrpobb
14:10:35 <collabot> Current chairs: SteveT kennypaul phrpobb
14:10:50 <kennypaul> #chair phrobb
14:10:50 <collabot> Current chairs: SteveT kennypaul phrobb phrpobb
14:13:03 <phrobb> Ning So and Rajesh, could you please #info in again.  The irc meeting hadn't started so when you did it the first time it didn't get recorded
14:13:57 <SteveT> #topic Casablanaca theme
14:14:00 <phrobb> #topic Casablanca architecture and requirements
14:14:41 <SteveT> #info proposed theme is deployability
14:15:22 <SteveT> #info topics - technical debt, modularity, 5G fundamentals
14:16:48 <SteveT> #info modularity, standards alignment, micro services, vnf/pnf, s3p, containers, external controllers
14:17:14 <SteveT> #info standards alignment
14:18:34 <SteveT> #info there was a question about vfc, appc, so, is that addressed. The answer is that It’s in the modularity and microservices
14:19:19 <SteveT> #info the above is food for thought from UC and Architecture
14:21:05 <xinhuili> #info Xinhui Li, VMware
14:21:18 <ma_c> #info proxy Marc-Alexandre Choquette, Bell Canada
14:21:39 <SteveT> #info there was a comment that its more than modularity, but also optional it’s
14:26:25 <SteveT> #info There was comments about the usability
14:27:29 <SteveT> #info that the usability has to improve. The learning curve is too high. This is both technical and documentation
14:28:22 <SteveT> #info it was raised edge cloud computing, which is necessary for 5G, and osm
14:29:40 <SteveT> #info It was commented that the operators need to drive
14:30:30 <SteveT> #info It is proposed that we have an end-user advisory committee.
14:31:43 <SteveT> #info the proposed staffing of the end-user advisory committee is the likes of product managers that own/deploy onap
14:33:57 <SteveT> #info proposed knowledge sharing
14:34:01 <kennypaul> #info weekly webinars requested from members
14:35:03 <SteveT> #info it was informed by phill that there is a LFN wide end-user advisory committee, that has workgroups. This would fit into a workgroup under that
14:36:30 <SteveT> #info one question raised is what is the right state for what components
14:43:26 <SteveT> #info proposal to get a onap focus end-user group, that could be considered a workgroup under LFN end-user. It should be operator focused, but vendor still not excluded
14:49:33 <SteveT> #info proposed to do this under the LFN structure. The members need to sign a form saying they know they are speaking in public, etc. Phil can initiate this. Mazin said within a week he can get a number of operators to join this
14:53:16 <SteveT> #info On the topic of webinars. The education committee is going to lead. Looking for the entire community. Suggested weekly.
15:03:42 <SteveT> #info request for clarify of the milestone details at M1
15:04:36 <SteveT> #topic Casablanca planning
15:05:34 <SteveT> #link https://wiki.onap.org/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=3246393#content/view/3246393
15:06:23 <SteveT> #info Gildas presented the draft time plan
15:07:06 <kennypaul> #info proposed time line M0 5/25, M1 6/28, m2 7/26, M3 8/30, M4 9/20, release 11/15
15:07:58 <SteveT> #info new projects before the Beijing meeting
15:08:40 <SteveT> #info this is already sent out. 1 week to socialize this, approval is on the next Thursday meeting
15:08:53 <kennypaul> #action kenny add sched approval to next week's sched
15:09:06 <kennypaul> #undo
15:09:06 <collabot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.ircmeeting.items.Action object at 0x2868c50>
15:09:44 <kennypaul> #action kenny add sched approval to next week's agebda
15:09:59 <kennypaul> #topic M4 review
15:10:49 <kennypaul> #info gildas shared his slide deck
15:12:19 <kennypaul> #info items covered FOSS, Vulnerability template
15:12:46 <kennypaul> #info findings are to be shared ayt next week's meeintg
15:14:28 <kennypaul> #info item covered CII badging , code coverage, pending commits, csit failures
15:18:50 <kennypaul> #info portal updates required regarding music.
15:19:37 <kennypaul> #info cli -no ptl
15:21:08 <kennypaul> #info , portal cli, holmes, msb, music.vid. integration, doc passed
15:21:53 <kennypaul> #info clamp integration ongoing
15:22:35 <kennypaul> #info vnfrqts no ptl
15:23:15 <kennypaul> #info aai - integration with aaf garphadm=in not done pass otherwise.
15:24:19 <kennypaul> #info policy stretch goal targetred for RC0 pass otherwise
15:25:19 <kennypaul> #info oom some stories will bw completed during integration. CLM visibility -gildas will follow up.
15:30:23 <SteveT> #info some projects haven’t done their conversion to help for OOM, this needs to be done quickly. Message-router is expected ina couple of days.
15:32:23 <kennypaul> #info integration priority message-router , dcae, sdnc, nmultivim, vfc
15:34:54 <xinhuili> #info OOF function development is undergoing
15:35:05 <xinhuili> we need more time to finish the CSIT
15:35:12 <kennypaul> #info multicloud - azsure postponed to future relase
15:35:30 <kennypaul> #info vfc
15:36:16 <kennypaul> #info risk etsi nfv compliance will take conversation offline
15:36:52 <kennypaul> #info oof a couple csit failures but pass otherwise
15:37:20 <kennypaul> #info appc ode coverage 48.7 %,
15:37:33 <kennypaul> #info mariadb descoped
15:38:46 <kennypaul> dcaegen2 a few repos short on code coverage, pnda anaylitsc descoped, no clm report,
15:39:17 <kennypaul> #info sdc short of code coverage,
15:39:53 <kennypaul> #info vnfsdk short on some code coverage, LFIT tickets to address some issues.
15:40:17 <kennypaul> #info code was merged at 8:09 this morning
15:40:57 <kennypaul> #descoped model for hpa
15:42:45 <kennypaul> #info itools and dovetail done
15:42:56 <kennypaul> #infgo HPA related items for VNFREQs will be done later
15:43:42 <kennypaul> #info code coverage passed at 3am this morning
15:43:49 <djtimoney> #info ccsdk/storage/pgaas repo is not used in Beijing. Code has been removed and sonar data has been updated
15:44:04 <kennypaul> #info ccsdk
15:44:41 <kennypaul> #info mariadb descoped
15:45:10 <kennypaul> #info sdnc code coverage
15:45:42 <kennypaul> #info code came in to late and will be cut
15:46:54 <kennypaul> #info logging only python delivered in beijing
15:48:17 <kennypaul> #info Issues with sonar running python - LF looking into it?need to up the version on oparent to fix one of the builds?the docker build fails because we have no required docker yet?logging java stub - I will add tests on the weekend - there is no API yet - slated for Cassablanca?python library from multicloud team - thanks - either they or myself will add tests?vulnerability is standard elk ports
15:48:17 <kennypaul> above for logging
15:49:17 <kennypaul> #info modeling code coverage short, requestoign2 extra weeks to complete code coverage for java parser
15:49:37 <kennypaul> #nfv parser no coverage.
15:50:59 <kennypaul> #info usecase ui no templates vulnerabilituy, cii, clm, code coverage short
15:52:29 <kennypaul> #info externalapi no templates vulnerabiliuty, cii, code coverage 0
15:55:12 <kennypaul> #info eric says coverage will be provided my RC0 - does not pass M4
15:56:35 <kennypaul> #info dmaap no vulnerability, 2 gpl licenses, gpl to be addresses by RC0
15:56:54 <kennypaul> #info does not pass M4
15:58:27 <kennypaul> #info aaf vi=vulnerabilit y tmeplate not done, code coverage not met, very late code contributions, fails csit
15:58:42 <kennypaul> #info aaf subproject ok,
15:59:08 <kennypaul> #info from randa APPC has dependency on AAF for feature AAF-91
16:00:10 <kennypaul> #info catherise want this aaf to be escalated
16:00:27 <kennypaul> #info does not pass M4 and is a critica issue
16:02:21 <kennypaul> #info vvp no foss, no code coverage, does not pass M4
16:03:16 <kennypaul> #info usecase ui did not pass m4
16:05:43 <kennypaul> #info appc request extra to complete aaf integration.
18:49:43 <kennypaul> #endmeeting



Zoom Chat Log 

07:13:59 From Dan Timoney : Not seeing anything ….
07:14:02 From Michael O'Brien : can we share the screen - thanks
07:14:24 From Pawel Pawlak : Nothing is displayed
07:14:49 From Kenny Paul : gildas is pulling up an on line copy
07:22:15 From Pamela Dragosh : There needs to be more work on some projects to provide better modularity. Its not just OOM that solves it.
07:24:59 From Kenny Paul : The polycom we ordered for the room was not delivered. I will do my bnest to provide input from on line, but ass irt typical for a F2F meeting this is very very dynamic in the room.
07:26:58 From Srinivasa Addepalli (Intel) : In my view benchmarking ONAP, finding gaps and fixing them are very important for deployability. 5G & Edge use cases require service orchesration across thousands of clouds. "Scalability" term might be covering this. But, it is good to highlight in next level of details of these circles.
07:27:02 From Ramki Krishnan : It would be worth capturing Edge Cloud support as a separate item - it is key to 5G, Edge Computing, OSAM use cases
07:28:22 From Pamela Dragosh : Srini, “finding gaps and fixing them” can be covered by Technical Debt.
07:29:12 From Lingli : perhaps deployment user story could help show the modularity in their specific scenarios
07:29:35 From Lingli : it could be part of the coming user group
07:29:53 From Vimal Begwani -- ATT : How can we get operator highest priority need? Is there a process in place?
07:35:04 From Michael O'Brien : need to finish dependency tree for
07:35:07 From Michael O'Brien : https://jira.onap.org/browse/OOM-511
07:37:27 From Roger Maitland : OOM supports deployment configurations now. We can create specific configurations for specific situations. For example, one could type: ‘helm install local/onap -f vFW-environment.yaml’ which would deploy just the components needed for the vFW use case. A set of environment files will come with OOM and can be easily enhanced.
07:38:56 From Roger Maitland : The new OOM User Guide is located here with many more powerful operations that are now supported: http://onap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/submodules/oom.git/docs/oom_user_guide.html#user-guide-label
07:40:02 From Eric Debeau : Roger, you are right. But we need to provide high level documentation and explains the set of possible configuration.
07:40:03 From Frank Brockners : Webinars are a great idea. Better documentation should complement this. In many cases we have to integrate components from ONAP to existing infrastructure. As such, detailed documentation on the APIs and associated functionality with an integration guide on a per component basis would help a lot.
07:40:45 From Roger Maitland : Thanks Eric. Yes we need to document this well. Please let me know of anything else that might be missing.
07:46:08 From Vishnu Ram OV : Equally important would be efforts to widen the contributor community (so that the deployment milestones can actually be met). Perhaps contributor onboarding sessions will help?
07:47:00 From Lingli : China Mobile would be supportive to ONaP EUAH
07:47:24 From Lingli : I am happy to draft a charter if it helps
07:47:30 From Lingli : Lingli
07:50:07 From Lingli : I cannot speak out now sorry
07:51:17 From Frank Brockners : Does a webinar really need to be expensive? We could start with weekly deployment calls - hosted on Zoom
07:52:29 From Roger Maitland : The OOM team has done Zoom based “webinars” in the past and we’re willing to do more
07:58:35 From Kenny Paul : please type your questions/comments into IRC so that it will be captured as parrto of the minutes. I cannot pipe the zoom audio into the room
08:10:05 From Lingli : thumb up to Gildas and our PTLs
08:31:18 From Marco Platania : with that set of submitted components we aren’t able to run any closed loop or use case (if this is the plan)
08:32:18 From Marco Platania : we need multi-vim, message router, sdnc, dcae, sdc, policy
08:32:32 From Marco Platania : without those, there is no closed loop
08:32:49 From Marco Platania : and also vfc
08:35:27 From Roger Maitland : Understood Marco but the project teams are still making changes as of yesterday. We’re working very hard to finish as fast as possible.
08:36:38 From Marco Platania : yes Roger, it was just to complement what Helen said
08:37:23 From Marco Platania : I know components are coming soon :)
08:39:38 From Roger Maitland : OOM deploys the Amsterdam version of the components that aren’t complete so integration can start immediately.
08:42:10 From Alexander Vul : HPA related items for VNFREQs will be done later
08:46:25 From Michael O'Brien : Issues with sonar running python - LF looking into it
need to up the version on oparent to fix one of the builds
the docker build fails because we have no required docker yet
logging java stub - I will add tests on the weekend - there is no API yet - slated for Cassablanca
python library from multicloud team - thanks - either they or myself will add tests
vulnerability is standard elk ports
08:46:37 From Michael O'Brien : above for logging
08:46:57 From Alexander Vul : @kenny - what is the chat URL?
08:47:55 From Kenny Paul : https://www.irccloud.com/irc/freenode/channel/onap-meeting
08:48:04 From Michael O'Brien : yes
08:58:33 From Randa Maher : APPC has dependency on AAF for feature AAF-91