Deprecated with migration to global-jjb
Releases should be requested to LF Releng team via email@example.com which will generate an RT ticket and place it in the queue.
Few things to consider:
- RT tickets do not have a priority numbering.
- RT requests are addressed as they come into the queue
- Tickets placed with a "Release" word on the title take precedence against any other requests
- Tickets regarding servers failing, will always be production stopper priority over releases requests.
- Currently, tickets are addressed on 2 time zones: Jessica (PT time), Bengt (AEDT time)
- If any request is urgent please add "URGENT" in the title. (Please do not miss use this )
- Releases cannot be overwritten/removed. If this is still something the PTL wants to do, will need to have a TSC approval.
- For Maven releases (Nexus2), LF can only make releases from staging artifacts not snapshots.
To avoid back and forth on releases requests. The requests MUST HAVE the following info:
- PTL approval (if the request is being submitted by anyone outside the approved committer groups for that component)
- Artifact to be released: Maven and/or Docker (This helps making sure we release the right thing as we have jobs building both Docker and Jars at the same time)
- Explicit version number being intended to be released (This helps a lot to catch discrepancies between that the team wants to release and what Jenkins actually built)
- Jenkins job link with build number (We need the exact build number to get a reference of the revision that was used to build so that we can tag the repo)
Once a release is addressed by LF, a signed tag will also be pushed into the repo which will point to the revision used to build the artifact.