Release 1 is scheduled for first quarter, 2017.
Plans for Future Releases
VNF-related possible enhancements to future releases (from the "Guidelines for Virtual Network Functions in a Network Cloud" document):
- Open source software and demos of simple reference VNFs (two are already provided)
- Automation of VNF onboarding and other aspects of VNF life cycle
- Consistent VNF packaging for automated onboarding using ONAP
- Other implementation examples for targeted virtualization environments, such as those located beyond the data center at the network edge or customer premises
- Incubation and Certification Environment (ICE), a self-service program to gauge maturity and readiness of VNFs