Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Logistics

Meeting DayMeeting TimeConference Bridge
Fridays 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)https://zoom.us/j/454599760

ZOOM Conference Bridge

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/454599760

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +14086380968,,454599760# or +16465588656,,454599760#

Or Telephone:

    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)

    Meeting ID: 454 599 760

    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=viiAIbYha1FHOg4qZy9wY3LoQsy9Ut2P

Meeting Attendees

Meeting Agenda & Minutes

Agenda ItemsNotes
Logistics

Call for discussion topics

None

Action items from last week

Should we ask the VNF Requirements Project to define normative VNF requirements for the CSAR package?

Should these be handled as a user story in the VNF Package Model under this project? Or added to VNF Requirements document? Chris believes we should do it ourselves. We should formalize this in this project and pass our requirements back to VNF Requirements to formally document it.

Our consensus: ONAP VNF Model (PROPOSAL for Release 1)

See action item below.

Sprint 3 Progress
  • Review and discuss closing sprint 3, which is supposed to be closed at 09/02.
  • Modeling subteam (Andy Mayer)
    • Modeling wiki page has been updated.
    • Need to focus on Release 2.
    • They will be discussion approach for analyzing Heat templates, which modeling standards to use in R2, modeling services, using a more generic approach to describe building blocks, use cases as declarative
    • There may be value in meeting with the Modeling team in Paris.
    • Need to get the VNF Description documented in UML for R2.
  • Marketplace subteam (Weitao Gao)
    • See Validation below.
  • Validation Tools subteam (Murali Mohan Murthy Potham)
    • CSIT tests are almost done and it's running in Jenkins. Need to add a few more Test Cases.
    • Unit test coverage are done, M3 is reached
    • Focusing on integration with SDC.
    • Validation JIRA issue should be moved to Sprint 4
  • Package Tools subteam (Lianhao Lu)
    • Need to follow up offline, not present. There is an open commit that has been open for a week and is getting flagged.
    • Any progress on Jenkins? Still working on this. Lianhao discovered a few issues in the code review.
  • Compliance
    • Not in scope for R1
  • Documentation
    • This will be needed for M4 for modeling and user guides.
    • Chris will take a first pass at this.
Define and start Sprint 4

Sprint 4 definition:

Andy: VNFSDK-21

Victor:

Murali: There is a FOSS issue on MySql. Should follow up with LF. MySQL connector is GPL. There is an open source exemption. PostGres could be one alternative.

Lianhao: VNFSDK-52, VNFSDK-35

Developer event VNFSDK topics

Does the team want to define the topics?

End to end VNF modeling (Alex): See

End-to-End Model Driven VNF Lifecycle Management/Modeling

What about doing the same for network services? Need a consistent approach for modeling internal versus external.

Model driven ONAP as a topic? What about modeling concepts, methods, tools and processes?

What about VPP? Coordination between VNF SDK and VPP. This might better as a side meeting.

How to integrate with OPNFV via Auto project for R2? OPNFVs compliance validation program (use VNF SDK/ICE tools in that context).

Any blockers or open issues that need to be addressed?

Are there any M2 or M3 unfinished items? 

We are three weeks away from code freeze date. The documentation can be finished during the RC phases.

M2 Gaps

  • Cleared Blocker
  • Repos are clear (descoped ICE tools)
  • Code coverage good
  • All M2 items are resolved

M3 Gaps

  • Repos are fine. We got a waiver on the empty repos. This is not a blocking issue. We were waiting for the ICE code which was then descoped. Modeling is empty (doing development on the wiki). This will contain mindmap and papyrus files.
  • Test coverage is good
  • Code coverage is good
  • All M3 items are resolved.


Meeting Recording

Action Items

  • Chris Donley to schedule meeting next week with SDC, VF-C and VNF Vendors to resolve option 1 versus option 2 package format.
  • GOKUL SINGARAJU to resolve open commit issue
  • Chris Donley to get the documentation infrastructure in place for our project.
  • Chris Donley to investigate FOSS issue with MySQL. Longer term approach is to move off MySQL to a DB with better open source licensing. Check with Phil.
  • Chris Donley will start Sprint 4 on Monday.

Meeting Contributions

  File Modified
PDF File ONAP M2 Status Summary.pdf Sep 07, 2017 by Tina Tsou
PDF File ONAP M3 Status SummaryV3.pdf Sep 07, 2017 by Tina Tsou
Microsoft Powerpoint Presentation Delete me Sep 07, 2017 by Brian Hedstrom
PNG File Delete Me 2 Sep 07, 2017 by Brian Hedstrom
PNG File Delete me 1 Sep 07, 2017 by Brian Hedstrom
PNG File image2017-9-8_7-14-51.png Sep 08, 2017 by Brian Hedstrom
Multimedia File audio_only.m4a Sep 15, 2017 by Chris Donley
Multimedia File zoom_0.mp4 Sep 15, 2017 by Chris Donley