HPA feature (using OOF) ensures that the VNF instances are placed in cloud regions that have platform capabilities as expected by VNF workloads. For example, if a VNF workload requires XYZ vendor SRIOV-NIC and ABC vendor crypto accelerator, HPA feature of ONAP will ensure that the VNF is placed in a cloud region that have compute nodes with XYZ SRIOV-NIC card and ABC vendor Crypto accelerator card.
- Policy based HPA was introduced.
- Model driven HPA was introduced (TOSCA based). With this, both SO and VFC based use cases can leverage HPA based placement feature.
- Use cases:
- vFW with HPA
- vCPE-TOSCA with HPA
Main focus is to harden HPA feature, make it easily deployable, create literature and create easy-to-replicate demos.
Also, fix any gaps and bugs that are discovered during hardening and testing.
Our aspiration is also to make existing use cases always leverage HPA functionality as part of integration testing.
Stretch goal: is to support multiple choices in specifying a feature requirement in policies.
Owner : Alexander Vul
Participating Companies: Intel, VMware
Use Case Name
Integration Team Liaison
|vFW, vDNS||Intel/Windriver Lab, VMware Lab (TBD)|
|vCPE with TOSCA||China Mobile Lab|
- Ready with right setup Intel/WR lab
- Have few compute nodes with right HW
- Ensure to have SRIOV-NIC cards
- Ensure to have crypto accelerator cards (QAT)
- Usage of CLI only - Work with the teams to avoid any curl commands, update of DB entries, kubectl exec & configuration files.
- Work on some of the gaps identified in Casablanca (Issues listed here: HPA Hardening Issues)
- New vIPSEC sample VNF : Create a new sample VNF (IPSEC VNF) for them to leverage crypto accelerator cards.
- Start with traditional Ubuntu with QAT driver installed.
- Create new test cases with various HPA features assigned to VNFs. Few example:
- vFW with dedicated cores, SRIOV-NIC VF, Huge pages
- vIPSEC with QAT
- vIPSEC with AES-NI
- Work with Integration team to add the test cases in integration project.
- Work with demo repository owners to introduce new sample VNFs and add new HEAT/ENV files for existing use cases
HPA Automation JIRA Issues
|PROJECT||JIRA EPIC/ USER STORIES/ BUGS|