James Forsyth

Anh Le

Francis Paquette

Venkata Harish Kajur

Keong Lim

Liwa Layouni

Ondrej Frindrich

Pavel Paroulek

Tian Lee

William LaMont

Manoj Nair

Manisha Aggarwal

William Reehil

Benjamin Cheung

Steven Blimkie


Philip Blackwood

Shirley Morgan


Suggestion from today's meeting: Installation and Developer Setup page - linking the latest out to the wiki and then copy at release time.

ESR Nexus IQ Vulnerabilities
Since we can't be sure about the status of the ESR vulnerabilities, we will publish that the application is vulnerable to all of them.

MSB Configs

AAI-1964 - Getting issue details... STATUS

AAI-1965 - Getting issue details... STATUS

AAI-1966 - Getting issue details... STATUS

CSIT Test Cases

Need to maintain these for Dublin, and expand to include things like MSB integration. Establish a working group to develop CSIT test cases for Dublin and document them on the wiki. James Forsyth will create the page and solicit ideas.

Container sizing

AAI-1940 - Getting issue details... STATUS

named-query replacements

APPC-1245 - Getting issue details... STATUS

POLICY-1278 - Getting issue details... STATUS

VID-355 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Need to replace custom queries currently in use by these systems (and others?) in Dublin toward the retirement of the named-query API in Dublin.

CCVPN schema changes

28th Nov: Updated priority on AAI-1923 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Confirmed release of AAI-1925 - Getting issue details... STATUS


Identify component owner and disposition for casablanca

Component owner: Amdocs. Spike takes messages from Champ and populates in topics.

James Forsyth to release Spike.

Casablanca Release Status

Casablanca Release Integration Testing Status - if you submit documentation between now and RC2 on 27 Nov please include Sofia Wallin in the list of reviewers on the gerrit review.

Rest Client

rest-client updated to Jersey 2 which plays better with springboot. Tian has checked in a rework. James Forsyth will release 1.4.0

Lab support

To assist with monitoring JIRA, suggest subscribing to this filter:, which does pick up AAI-1913 - AAI queries not working in SB-06 Open as discussed. Also sent a message to onap-discuss to ask if JIRA Notification Scheme and new email list could be setup as well.

Status of History Backend
There is a document which shows us as delivering the history backend in Casablanca - need to discuss if we are providing an accurate picture of what's available in Casablanca.

Hbase to Cassandra migration

Bell Canada has a requirement to migrate their A&AI Graph DB backend from HBase to Cassandra.

We are enabling this effort.

We have been investigating GraphAdmin code in ONAP, which seems to support the framework.

We would like to make enhancements to this framework and contribute to ONAP.

The initial enhancements we would like to accomplish are:

  • Provide option to the end-user to select FROM and TO Version
    • The current code doesn’t have this option
  • Support schema migration to V14
    • Current support exists for V11->V13

Our goals:

  • AAI backend upgrade from HBase to Cassandra (V11 to V14)
  • Seamless upgrade and rollback of AAI DB

Recording 13th November DBmigration.mp4

AAI GraphGraph

requiredProps xml property in OXM fileIn Dublin there is a new xml property in the OXM file called requiredProps - those who are planning make schema changes should add requiredProps in the <xml-properties> section of each java-type


<xml-property name="description" value="Logical interfaces, e.g., a vnic."/>
<xml-property name="indexedProps" value="macaddr,interface-id,interface-name,network-name"/>
<xml-property name="dependentOn" value="generic-vnf,newvce,p-interface,vserver,lag-interface,l-interface"/>
<xml-property name="container" value="l-interfaces"/>
<xml-property name="uriTemplate" value="/l-interfaces/l-interface/{interface-name}"/>
<xml-property name="requiredProps" value="interface-name,is-port-mirrored,in-maint,is-ip-unnumbered"/>

Daylight Savings Time

Update 31 Oct:

AAI meetings will be adjusted for US daylight savings. James Forsyth will verify that the community meetings page on the wiki accurately reflects the end of Daylight Savings

Release versions

Update 31 Oct:

Steven Blimkie and James Forsyth will release Amdocs microservices today and request casablanca branching.

Weekly Developer's Call

James Forsyth will create a new poll: and send link to new poll to the onap-discuss list

See also AAI Developers Meeting

5minAAI UI documentation or user guide

Recently updated AAI Graphical User Interface due to colleagues wanting to use the AAI UI.

Is there a more comprehensive and authoritative documentation or user guide for AAI UI?

The main issue is that it is not clear how to get started - Francis Paquette will look at what's on the readthedocs site, I think we need to port what Keong has put in the wiki to the main docs repo at a minimum.

AAI-1268 - [sparky] Platform Maturity - Usability In Progress

CII Badging

Fill out CII Silver Badging Template. We have not committed to a silver badge, but the community wants us to fill it out to the best of our ability.

IQ Vulnerabilities

Thank you for providing the feedback for AAI known vulnerabilities.

I do agree with your comments on the wiki, however I would like to encourage you to provide your feedback for the remaining vulnerabilities that are available on the Nexus-IQ  but unfortunately not included on your Wiki.

If needed, we can have a short call together to review remaining vulnerable components (I hope the list is complete):

tomcat-catalina : 8.5.23

tomcat : zip : 8.5.23

tomcat-util : 8.5.23

tomcat-websocket : 8.5.23

netty-all : 4.1.0.CR3

cxf-rt-transports-http : 3.2.2

Update 18th Oct:

  • aai\esr-gui\httpserver\pom.xml specifies "<tomcat.version>8.5.23</tomcat.version>"
  • aai\esr-gui\pom.xml specifies "<tomcat.version>8.5.23</tomcat.version>"
  • netty-all version "4.1.0.CR3" does not appear to be anywhere in the current AAI codebase (old reference?)

Dublin 5G Use Case

Dublin AAI changes in support of 5g use cases.

Link for presentation: 5G - PNF Plug and Play (Casablanca carry-over items)

29 Nov:  

Schema Service

Discuss about the Schema Microservice

11th Oct: Use Cases for Dynamic AAI Schema Changes

Jackson Replacement

Security subcommittee has recommended teams move away from jackson, and will be presenting alternatives and asking for an assessment from each project. Our team will need to do an analysis - this would not be trivial, especially given how many of our repos are impacted. As of now, this would be a very high LOE for the team, we need to understand what the recommendation from the SECCOM is before we can provide better details on what the LOE would be.

Updated: Using Google gson vs FasterXML Jackson

10th Oct: Present to Seccom meeting

15th Oct: Present to PTL meeting

24th Oct: Move discussion to AAI Developers Meeting

Update 31 Oct:

James Forsyth will add this to the PTL call agenda for Monday 4 Nov

XSD generationMulti-oxm. There is limited auditing which shows warnings, but we might want to review the requirements around multi-oxm to prevent collisions.

Support for 2 OOM deployment types

Motivation: Decrease the resource footprint for A&AI (ONAP) deployments

Idea: we could support 2 different deployments 1. full (normal) deployment and 2. barebones deployment. The point of the "barebone" deployment would be to deploy only the essential services necessary for proper functioning of A&AI (leaving out services like cacher, sparky, graphadmin, having 1 cassandra node instead of 3 or 5 etc).

In order to reduce hardware/cloud costs (mainly the memory footprint) it could be beneficial to support a minimalistic A&AI deployment.

AAF and TLS in Casablanca

The AAI team needs a strategy for integrating with AAF and AAF certificate manager, including potentially using 2-way TLS in R3.

AAI-32 - Integrate with AAF Open

Update 6 June: Andy Baxter provided presentation

Update 17 Oct: It works! First successful deployment of the AAI profile in OOM.

Need to make it permanent once AAF is stable.

Update 24 Oct: Pavel Paroulek will add a feature enhancement request in AAF to provide better logging facilities so we can configure AAF logs rather than logging directly to STDOUT. AAF feature request: AAF-604 - Use a logging facade in CADI framework Open

AAI-1760 - [resources and traversal] Make the AAF profile active in OOM by default Open

5G PNF Software upgrade

We have a 5G related functionality in Change management, 5G PNF Software upgrade.

Right now, PNF software version is modeled and accepted in SDC, and also approved in Modeling subcommittee and TSC. (Modeling report)

We are not familiar with A&AI. The target of this functionality is to  update PNF Sw version when upgrade completion with specified pnfid. Could you and your team give us some help on this?

1)      Is there any available  APIs provided by AAI for this? 

2)      If yes, can you give me some details on it. If not, could you and AAI team provide support in Casablanca? We would like to provide contributions if needed.

Update  01 Aug: yaoguang wang to follow-up with SDC team and send conclusion results to James Forsyth

PNF Plug and Play w/ A&AI in Casablanca



There are a number of A&AI topics:

  1. GEOLOCATION - Suggested from the PNF Modeling discussions. It was counter-suggestion (form A&AI) was to use the COMPLEX Object. Some members of the PNF Modeling group still have questions about how this would work exactly.
  2. DETECTED SOFTWARE VERSION LIST - (this is already a tracked item above)
  3. CLOUD HOME - CLLI Code for Cloud homing of the PNF. Counter-suggestion (from A&AI) was to use the COMPLEX Object. However, the modeling community was not satisfied with this suggestion.
  4. MANAGER IP ADDRESS - Modeling in A&AI parameters for the Manager of the PNF. Counter-suggestion (from A&AI) was to model the NMS as a NF. Modeling community thought that the Manager IP address was more appropriate, simpler, more succinct solution instead of modeling the NMS as a NF.
  5. S/W IMAGE REPOSITORY - Location where NF Software repository is. Would be a URL/Web address.

CII Badging

Wiki page with instructions on the process: CII Badging Program

Need updates on the CII badging for ESR

Open Action Items

  • No labels