Creating a new repo is a simple PTL driven process.
- Clone LF's info-master repo: https://gerrit.linuxfoundation.org/infra/admin/repos/releng/info-master
- cd into the right location in the repo for ONAP's gerrit configuration: cd info-master/gerrit.onap.org/example-parent/
Create a new folder for the repo to be created: mkdir example-child/ && cd example-child
At this point, we are in the right folder that patches the repo path. The INFO.yaml will need to be created using any of these ways:
Manually, easy when the INFO.yaml matches an existing child repo of the same parent
For adding a repo to an existing project:
For creating the initial repo in a newly approved project:
New Project Creation
Creating a new repo under an existing parent repo does not require pre-approval. Creating a new ONAP project must be approved by the TSC. The process to follow to submit a new project is here: New Project Proposals
- For all, run tox to verify your INFO file passes
- Complete or fix any missing or incorrect fields
- Commit your change and push it to gerrit.linuxfoundation.org
After your change is pushed...
- Automation will tag the main LF Releng engineers representative for ONAP
- The change will be reviewed by the LF Releng engineer and any needed follow up with the owner will be posted in the comments.
- Once the change is merged, automation will process the INFO.yaml file, create the repo, update Nexus access and Jenkins settings files.