|1||There should be a test case for each item in the sequence diagram|
NOT YET TESTED
|2||create additional requirements as needed for each discreet step|
|3||Test cases should cover entire Use Case|
|4||Test Cases should include enough detail for testing team to implement the test|
Guilin Intent-Based Network PoC：An Vertical Industry Use Case
More and more vertical industries benefit from 5G network in different ways. For example, the warehouse management industry can deploy 5G network and AGVs to achieve fully automatic management and transportation of goods which will greatly improve efficiency and reduce cost.
The output volume of the warehouse management industry varies at different times. It may have a sharp rise in some time (e.g. Online Shopping Festival). At the normal time, warehouse management industry can deactivate some AGVs and scale down the 5G network to save energy. When need to increase output volume, they can activate AGVs and scale up the 5G network dynamically.
Base on the fact that most vertical industries lack experience and ability to manage the 5G network, it requires an automated and smart solution that can help the vertical industry to manage 5G network according to their business needs.
In R7, Intent technology was proposed as a proof-of-concept (REQ-329: https://jira.onap.org/browse/REQ-329).
In this PoC demo, we will present how ONAP with intent technology supports the warehouse management industry to manage their 5G network according to their business intent.
E-commerce and smart logistics company A has multiple warehouses in a city and its Warehouse-F is responsible for smart warehouses. Two base stations (BS 1&2 ) are deployed to support the connections of AGVs to 5G Network for Warehouse-F. Each base station was pre-configured with three cells. In BS1 (PNF1), two cells are active and one cell is inactive. In BS2 (PNF2), one cell is active and two cells are inactive. Assuming that each cell can support the connections of 100 AGVs.
Business Intent Input & Translation
1.Intent Interface: The vertical industry manager use this interface to input business intent.
2.Decide the number of AGVs to achieve that output volume.
3.Translate into network intent: Provide 400 UE connections in Warehouse-F.
Network Intent Load & Translation
4.Send Network Intent (Intent-CSP) into ONAP Intent Framework (IBN).
5a. ONAP IBN use RESTful API to query A&AI for PNF and Cell info:
5.b ONAP IBN use RESTful request to query the corresponding Cell state and type info
6. Based on the queried info:
- 2 PNFs (PNF1 & PNF2) deployed in the area WareHouse-F;
- 3 Cells are created in each PNF (BS);
- In PNF1, Cell1 and Cell2 are active. In PNF2, Cell4 is active. The rest cells are inactive;
- The type of Cell is “5gdu” and can support 100 UEs (AGV).
Translate the Network Intent: To support 400 UEs, ONAP need one more active Cell.
Invoke the corresponding ONAP operation
7. ONAP IBN sends a RESTful request to CCSDK/CDS to invoke config-modify operation to activate the cell(s).
Intent Implementation Complete
8. CCSDK/CDS uses RESTful executor to generate the 3GPP RESTful modify request and send it to EMS/RAN (Leveraging the NRM CM Req in Frankfurt release).
9. Synchronize the Cell state in CMDB.
- Intent interface (green): warehouse manager invokes the interface to input business intent
- Intent Framework (green): Outside the ONAP, used to translate the business intent into network intent
- Vertical Industry Business System (grey): developed by the vertical industry itself. Provide business models
- Intent Framework (Orange): Inside the ONAP, used to translate the network intent into the corresponding operations
- CMDB (Orange): Outside the ONAP, used to save the configuration management info.