- The slides presented in today's call is available at RAN_Slicing_and_Transport_Slicing_20200430.pptx.
- An overview of Transport Slicing was presented by Henry.
- Two options w.r.to RAN Slicing (including fronthaul and midhaul) were discussed. O-RAN community prefers the first option - RAN slice sub-net is composed of RAN NFs, fronthaul and midhaul, and RAN NSSMF is responsible for entire RAN, while delegating transport related actions to Transport NSSMF.
- While we may choose one option as the first step, the interfaces should be standard and open enough to support both options.
- The next call will take place on May 14th, 2020.
|20200430_1||Discuss internally and finalize a proposal for RAN slice subnet (for Guilin release)||Swami, Henry, Shankar|
|20200430_2||Elaborate on the touch points between RAN and Transport slicing||Arda, Swami, Shankar, Henry|