1 High Level Component Definition and Architecteral Relationships
The multi-cloud function provides mediation capabilities to connect to different infrastructure providers.
- Adapt ONAP to VM based infrastructure such as openstack,Azure
- Adapt ONAP to Container Orchestration Engine, such as K8S
- Discovery and registration of resource information.
- Relay FCAPS data from infrastructure to DCAE
2. MultiCloud API definitions
Multi-Cloud provides the following interfaces:
|Interface Name||Interface Definition||Interface Capabilities|
Resource Lifecycle Management Interface
Provides a course grain VNF level LCM interface in a template driven and cloud agnostic way
N/A Place holder for SDN interconnect interface
Envisaged Future Capability
Atomic Resource LCM
Provides a fine graned resource LCM interface at the VM level. This is an atomic resource level workload LCM (specific to openstack resources)
Placement Optimization Interface
Provides real time available capacity information
Cloud VIM Registration interface
Expose Interface to trigger MultiCloud plugin to discover the infrastructure resource and register them to AAI
Note: xxxI interface is a Component internal interface. xxxxE interface is a component external interface
The current API documents can be found at: https://onap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/submodules/multicloud/framework.git/docs/MultiCloud-APIv1-Specification.html
MultiCloud consumes the following Interfaces:
|Interface Name||Purpose Reason For Use|
|SDCE-6||To receive the cloud orchestration artifact from SDC|
Consume the services from the cloud provider.
It is specific to each cloud type (by plugin approach)
|DCAEE-X||Supply Virtual Infrastructure FCAPS Events to DCAE|
|AAIE-1||Consume the services from AAI to access infrastructure resource inventory|
3. Component Description:
A more detailed figure and description of the component.
<< For later inclusion >>
4. known system limitations
Runtime: to be filled in
5. Used Models
Multi-Cloud uses the following models:
- please fill in (and references if possible)
- << include model that you recieve from SDC >>
- << Include the model that you configure in the policy >>
6. System Deployment Architecture
Multicloud consists of X containers:
- Do you have a figure here that?
7. New Capabilities in this Release
This release, Multi-Cloud adds the following Capabilities:
- Add SDC client to retrieve the workload artifacts from SDC
- Multicloud plugin service for OpenStack StarlingX
- Multicloud plugin service for Lenovo ThinkCloud.
- Multicloud interface specification: https://onap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/submodules/multicloud/framework.git/docs/MultiCloud-APIv1-Specification.html
- MultiCloud Architecture: https://docs.onap.org/en/casablanca/submodules/multicloud/framework.git/docs/MultiCloud-Architecture.html