Enable support for deploying Virtualized and Containerized networking workloads in Kubernetes based Cloud regions through MultiCloud/k8s plugin.
- Enable the support for Helm charts based deployment.
- Show case using vFirewall use case.
- Show case Legacy model (where firewall, traffic generator and sink are VMs)
- Show case Hybrid model (where firewall is a container, traffic generator as a container and sink is VMs)
- Show case using EdgeXFoundry use case.
Owner: Ritu Sood and Kiran Kamineni
Contributing companies: Intel, VMWare
Interested Operators : Verizon, ATT
Use Case Name
|Showcase VNF||Test Environment||Integration Team Liaison|
|Project||PTL||JIRA Epic / User Story*||Requirements||Status|
- ONAPARC-336Getting issue details... STATUS - MULTICLOUD-464Getting issue details... STATUS - MULTICLOUD-502Getting issue details... STATUS
- ONAPARC-350Getting issue details... STATUS
- ONAPARC-349Getting issue details... STATUS
- ONAPARC-337Getting issue details... STATUS
- ONAPARC-348Getting issue details... STATUS
- ONAPARC-353Getting issue details... STATUS
- ONAPARC-351Getting issue details... STATUS
- ONAPARC-364Getting issue details... STATUS
*Each Requirement should be tracked by its own User Story in JIRA
- High visibility bugs
- Other issues for testing that should be seen at a summary level
- Where possible, always include JIRA links
End to End flow to be Tested
**This should be a summary level Sequence diagram done in Gliffy**
Test Cases and Status
|1||There should be a test case for each item in the sequence diagram|
NOT YET TESTED
|2||create additional requirements as needed for each discreet step|
|3||Test cases should cover entire Use Case|
|4||Test Cases should include enough detail for testing team to implement the test|
Updated SDC PTL to Ofir Sonsino
Does this use case apply to the VFC flows?
In R4, only helm charts based application (including VNFs) description is supported. And hence SO based flows would be supported in R4. TOSCA and ksonnet based VNF/application description are for future releases. Since VFC expects TOSCA based description, VFC flows are not supported in this release.
Thanks, Srini. One additional question, is there plan to create a VNF Helm charts requirements (similar to what VNFRQTS has done for heat template)? I don't find such work items in this page or the VNFRQTS page.
That is something in our plate. But, we will be doing towards end of Dublin release. But, note that many of the service design, onboarding requirements are similar to HEAT based VNFs, except for adding new artifact types and Day 0 configuration profiles. With respect to monitoring too, I don't see much difference from HEAT based VNFs. We may want to provide more options though for monitoring such as 'usage of node-exporter' or prometheus client in the VNF. On the configuration side, we like to add additional option of configuration using K8S operators.
Thanks, Srini! These are great information.