Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

17:00 UTC, 09:00 PST, 12:00 EST,  17:00 GMT, 18:00 CET, 19:00 EET, 22:30 IST, 01:00 CST (Thurs), 02:00 JST (Thurs)


ZOOMhttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/89069708424?pwd=aGJOZm54eTUxd0FXR0VCU1N0ejBrUT09
Meeting ID: 890 6970 8424


Note: Martin Skorupski Couldn't join Today. John Keeney taking minutes.

Attendees

Informed

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
00:00Admin

Next meetings: 

2021-11-10: John Keeney (Martin is ooo)
  • 17:00 UTC, 09:00 PST, 12:00 EST,  17:00 GMT, 18:00 CET, 19:00 EET, 22:30 IST, 01:00 CST (Thurs), 02:00 JST (Thurs)
    • Note: 1 hour later in Asia, revert to normal time in Europe.

2021-11-17: John Keeney 17:00 UTC

  • 17:00 UTC, 09:00 PST, 12:00 EST,  17:00 GMT, 18:00 CET, 19:00 EET, 22:30 IST, 01:00 CST (Thurs), 02:00 JST (Thurs)
    • Note: Continues like this until mid March 2022.


Summer Daylight Savings time eventually stabilizes to: 9am PDT | 12pm EDT | 16:00 UTC | 17:00 BST | 18:00 CEST | 19:00 EEST | 21:30 IST | 00:00 CST (Thurs) | 01:00 JST (Thurs)

Winter (non-DST) time eventually stabilizes to: 9am PST | 12pm EST | 17:00 UTC | 17:00 GMT | 18:00 CET | 19:00 EET | 22:30 IST | 01:00 CST (Thurs) | 02:00 JST (Thurs)

(During Winter→Summer DST changeover follow US time. Summer→Winter DST changeover follow Europe time)


Please checkout the calendars:

All Done talking about Daylight saving time until March 2022 !! (big grin)

00:05O-RAN-SCO-RAN-SC PTLs

O-RAN-SC ToC


Projects:
  • Non-RT-RIC: John Keeney
    • Continuing with data exposure from DMaaP (& from Kafka via SMO adapter https://gerrit.o-ran-sc.org/r/c/smo/ves/+/6974
    • Still working on Helm Chart updates & aligning with IT/DEP charts (ref also SMO/Integration package/charts topic below)
    • Getting started on O-DU-Slicing–Usecase "Link Monitor" rApp
  • SIM: Alex Stancu
    • On track for "O-DU Hello-World" Yang model & implementation
  • OAM: Martin Skorupski
    • @Martin OOO
    • No Update - Yang models still under review - All comments ready to merge ?
  • O-DU:HariomGupta(HCL) / @Vidhu.  
    • Successfully installed 3GPP Yang models  ... & created an edit point
    • Implementation for PM VES almost complete
    • Working on Slice/Cell configuration
    • Hoping for completion/review next week
  • RSAC/SMO: @Rittwik
    • James Li - Most discussion about O-DU high (Manasi Padhy)
      • labs (clock etc) - nearly ready for deploy/test.
      • Testing manual initially - move towards OTF F release.  
  • INT: James Li
    • Working with Martin Skorupski, Sébastien Determe etc on it/dep SMO / environment charts - hoping for a finalised PR soon.
    • integration test for nearRTRIC/nonrtric integration - O1 & A1.
    • A1 / Traffic steering app - re-enable A1? Also aim for an A1-EI integration test
    • Met with Prof. Ray re progress on Taiwan lab & James' lab. Offering some help building up lab & work division.
    • Working with Keysight (who helped already with 2 OTIC labs) re OSC lab in Silicon Valley.
00:17SMO/Integration package/charts



updates and current status, challenges (if any (smile))

  • POWDER lab (David) - is going to use the SMO package in the "profiles)
  • SMO and SIMs are deployed as helm including configurations (topology) of the CNFs
    • RU - callhome; fault
    • DU - ves-pnfRegistration; fault
  • next step
    • test automation of E2E functions (python)

Work in progress

  • Pull request to O-RAN-SC it/dep gerrit in progress for helm and helm-overwrites 
  • Xue is testing the end-to-end functions and updates of ONAP components (compared to the O-RAN-SC D-Release versions)
  • more flexible deployment option 

Goal - replacement of existing helm

PR on SDNC-OOM - for DCAE VES-Collector config - https://gerrit.onap.org/r/c/oom/+/125150

new verify job is developed → LFN issue

then new PR for more functions and tests shared by NON-RT-RIC, and SDNC config for VES-Collector-END-Point


00:29ONAP Use casesN.K. Shankaranarayanan 
  • Slicing Use case:
  • SON Use case:
  • "Sleeping Cell - A1 Enforcement Simulator"
    • Possible to have as Use case for Jakarta ??? Running out of time for Jakarta.
    • Offline call & further discussions needed probably.
    • Pawel Slowikowski Already a PoC - Missing O1 parts - (RANSIM netconf)
      • Maybe RANSIM capabilities here? Please Join SON use case call ... or talk offline.


Want to make progress on A1 enhancements in ONAP Jakarta (Slicing / SON)

  • Will discuss on ONAP J usecases/requirements sub-committees next/coming weeks.

ONAP RANSim vs OSC Simulators - Try bring together use cases across ONAP / OSC ?

  • ONAP RANSim based on Honeycomb, OSC O1 simulators based on Netopeer netconf servers  (All OSC O1 simulators based on same platform)
  • Different simulators have different focus - some on use-case logic vs interface/connectors.
  • Will hopefully be easier to mix & match deployments / use cases / simulators across OSC and ONAP should be easier as SMO deployments become more modular & composable.
  • Note also Sleeping Cell Simulator from Samsung in ONAP Integration (Marcin Krasowski, Pawel Slowikowski, Mateusz Zawadzki)


00:40O1 Models for R1

O1-CM Models over R1


(Note, you may need to download and view offline if the content appears garbled)

  • For O1-CM enabling functions in R1, then R1 models should be based on O1 models - but probably need something more, extending main O1 model - "Primary Model & Secondary Models"
  • How is secondary model synced with primary model? E.g. In ONAP CPS the TBDMT function does this.
    • Expressiveness of mappings make make it possible/difficult to maintain such mappings ... or would richer logic be needed/possible? FFS.
  • Needs discussion in WG2 (R1 aspects) & WG10 (OAM/SMO aspects) - likely too late for November train at this stage (sad)
00:56End

















00:xx

O-RAN SC: Copying/Releasing helm charts in O-RAN-SC nexus repo

https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-22586 (maybe restricted access?!?!)

Status: canceled (Nexus does not support Helm chart distribution)

Question from O-RAN-SC to ONAP: What is possible in ONAP nexus?

Sébastien Determe: adds some info

Idea: store the artifacts - instead of helm -  RELENG-3837 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Christophe Closset: ONAP on the way to move for helm charts to gitlab....



Action items