Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

17:00 UTC, 09:00 PST, 12:00 EST,  17:00 GMT, 18:00 CET, 19:00 EET, 22:30 IST, 01:00 CST (Thurs), 02:00 JST (Thurs)


ZOOMhttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/89069708424?pwd=aGJOZm54eTUxd0FXR0VCU1N0ejBrUT09
Meeting ID: 890 6970 8424


Calendars:

Summer Daylight Savings time eventually stabilizes to: 9am PDT | 12pm EDT | 16:00 UTC | 17:00 BST | 18:00 CEST | 19:00 EEST | 21:30 IST | 00:00 CST (Thurs) | 01:00 JST (Thurs)

Winter (non-DST) time eventually stabilizes to: 9am PST | 12pm EST | 17:00 UTC | 17:00 GMT | 18:00 CET | 19:00 EET | 22:30 IST | 01:00 CST (Thurs) | 02:00 JST (Thurs)

(During Winter→Summer DST changeover follow US time. Summer→Winter DST changeover follow Europe time)

Attendees

Informed

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
00:00Admin

Next meetings: 

2021-11-24: John Keeney 
2021-12-01: Martin Skorupski 
2021-12-08: John Keeney 
2021-12-15: Martin Skorupski  

00:05O-RAN-SCO-RAN-SC PTLs

O-RAN-SC ToC


Projects:
  • Non-RT-RIC: John Keeney
    • We will be getting started on the rApp (link monitor) in the next few days, and do not foresee any problems.
  • SIM: Alex Stancu
    • ongoing
    • 3gpp implementation RESTCONF northbound of ONAP/SDNC - quick demo
  • OAM: Martin Skorupski
    • working across several projects and O-RAN (preparation or March Train)
  • O-DU:HariomGupta(HCL) / @Vidhu.  
    • network-slicing - close to be released
    • integration with O-DU-high team
  • RSAC/SMO: @Rittwik
  • INT: James Li
    • looking for the merging of gerrits - see next section
00:20SMO/Integration package/charts

ONAP Gerrit

O-RAN-SC Gerrit

Add comments to Bjorn, as he is doing final tests.


00:30ONAP Use casesN.K. Shankaranarayanan 
  • Meeting related to SIM and honeycomb - Shankar did invite using the zoom from the ONAP SON meeting - but 12:00 UTC
  • reuse of ONAP SON meeting - 7am EST - 12:00 UTC 

--

  • Slicing Use case:
  • SON Use case:
  • "Sleeping Cell - A1 Enforcement Simulator"
    • Possible to have as Use case for Jakarta ??? Running out of time for Jakarta.
    • Offline call & further discussions needed probably.
    • Pawel Slowikowski Already a PoC - Missing O1 parts - (RANSIM netconf)
      • Maybe RANSIM capabilities here? Please Join SON use case call ... or talk offline.


Want to make progress on A1 enhancements in ONAP Jakarta (Slicing / SON)

  • Will discuss on ONAP J usecases/requirements sub-committees next/coming weeks.

ONAP RANSim vs OSC Simulators - Try bring together use cases across ONAP / OSC ?

  • ONAP RANSim based on Honeycomb, OSC O1 simulators based on Netopeer netconf servers  (All OSC O1 simulators based on same platform)
  • Different simulators have different focus - some on use-case logic vs interface/connectors.
  • Will hopefully be easier to mix & match deployments / use cases / simulators across OSC and ONAP should be easier as SMO deployments become more modular & composable.
  • Note also Sleeping Cell Simulator from Samsung in ONAP Integration (Marcin Krasowski, Pawel Slowikowski, Mateusz Zawadzki)


00:30O1 Models for R1
  • O1-CM Models over R1

    STL-AO-2021-11-15-WG2-C-ONAP-ORAN-Harmonization-O1-Input.pptx

    (Note, you may need to download and view offline if the content appears garbled)

    • For O1-CM enabling functions in R1, then R1 models should be based on O1 models - but probably need something more, extending main O1 model - "Primary Model & Secondary Models"
    • How is secondary model synced with primary model? E.g. In ONAP CPS the TBDMT function does this.
      • Expressiveness of mappings make make it possible/difficult to maintain such mappings ... or would richer logic be needed/possible? FFS.
    • Needs discussion in WG2 (R1 aspects) & WG10 (OAM/SMO aspects) - likely too late for November train at this stage (sad)
00:56End





00:xx

O-RAN SC: Copying/Releasing helm charts in O-RAN-SC nexus repo

https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-22586 (maybe restricted access?!?!)

Status: canceled (Nexus does not support Helm chart distribution)

Question from O-RAN-SC to ONAP: What is possible in ONAP nexus?

Sébastien Determe: adds some info

Idea: store the artifacts - instead of helm -  RELENG-3837 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Christophe Closset: ONAP on the way to move for helm charts to gitlab....



Action items