Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

16:00 UTC, 09:00 PST, 12:00 EST,  17:00 BST, 18:00 CEST, 19:00 EEST, 21:30 IST, 00:00 CST (Thurs), 01:00 JST (Thurs)


ZOOMhttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/89069708424?pwd=aGJOZm54eTUxd0FXR0VCU1N0ejBrUT09
Meeting ID: 890 6970 8424

Calendars:

Summer Daylight Savings time eventually stabilizes to:
9am PDT | 12pm EDT | 16:00 UTC | 17:00 BST | 18:00 CEST | 19:00 EEST | 21:30 IST | 00:00 CST (Thurs) | 01:00 JST (Thurs)

Winter (non-DST) time eventually stabilizes to:
9am PST | 12pm EST | 17:00 UTC | 17:00 GMT | 18:00 CET | 19:00 EET | 22:30 IST | 01:00 CST (Thurs) | 02:00 JST (Thurs)

(During Winter→Summer DST changeover follow US time. Summer→Winter DST changeover follow Europe time)

Table of Contents

Attendees

Informed

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
00:00Admin

Next meetings: 

Please follow the calendar

00:02O-RAN-SCO-RAN-SC PTLs
  • O-RAN-SC ToC
  • Non-RT-RIC: John Keeney
    • As per last week:
      • Finalizing ONAP J release for A1 Policy Management Service
      • Working towards ONAP Kohn release requirements
      • Repo moves almost complete. 
      • Working on e2e PM data - making it available over pre-R1 DME (OSC NONRTRIC) Information Coordination Service)
      • Working on PoC Service Exposure - with a view towards R1
        • Examining 3GPP CAPIF spec
        • Will update more as this matures - still very early - hopefully a demo in coming weeks (Kevin Timoney (big grin))
    • Abhinav Singh What is the status of R1 interface - would like to start working on some rApps etc.
      • John Keeney implementable R1 specs are still not well-defined yet - but making good progress in O-RAN Alliance WG2
        • Updates in latest release - not public yet, but available to view in O-RAN Alliance working pages Working Group 2 (Login needed?) - https://oranalliance.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/NonRTRIC/overview
        • Very active discussions - join in! 
        • Work in OSC is still a bit early to call it "rApps" or "R1" - what we work on is pre-R1 and pre-spec rApps - with the hope that what we do will be useful to provide input for standardization, and may be useful once specs firm up more.
  • SIM: Alex Stancu
    • Waiting for info from Northeastern re NS3 E2 sim (initial committers etc.) to create new repo.
    • Still looking at SonarCloud for C++ code.
  • OAM: Martin Skorupski
  • O-DU:HariomGupta(HCL) / @Vidhu
    • No news this week
  • RSAC/SMO: David Kinsey 
    • OTF demo/workshop did not happen this week.
    • Was mentioned team are still struggling with Clock signal setup
    • Prof. Ray (Uni Taiwan)'s team has deployed OAI CU with OSC O-DU (thumbs up) (big grin)
      • Possibility of some collaboration / code sharing!
      • May be discussed at TOC tomorrow.
  • INT: James Li(CMTI)
    • James Li  Working with OTF team
      • Trying to get A1 health-check & A1 Sim running for OTF
        • John Keeney  Issue with Python: Works locally for us. Issue may be related to lots of conflicting libraries/dependencies loaded into Python execution env. Try create a clean "Virtual Python execution environment" then retest. E.g. https://realpython.com/python-virtual-environments-a-primer/. Or just run in Docker?
        • John KeeneyAlso just noticed that an update was needed for the app - updated today & available in OSC Docker Staging
        • Does it need a full SMO/Non-RT-RIC environment? John Keeney  Think just need an A1-PolicyManagementService. (And an A1 SIM or near-RT-RIC)
      • Near-rt-ric running - trying to use for OTF workshop - some issues with xApp on boarding & VTH.
      • OTF demo/workshop did not happen this week as a result.
00:27Q/A
None this week.
Have a good week (big grin)
END



3GPP copyright issue
  • Struggling with 3GPP copyright / reuse.
  • status
    • LS (draft) from ONAP to 3GPP - ask for approval by ONAP TSC
    • init positive response for some part (use terminology)
    • open: usage of entire data models

2022-04-06:

  • How to you yang/OAS3 in open-source?
    • no modification (use case specific enhancements are done by "augmentation" in separate schemas 
    • integrating them into code repos and docker images
    • during runtime - exposing the schemas to the clients. 
    • auto-generation of code from schemas
  • What is meant by "redistribution"?
  • How to use other 3GPP documents next to 3GPP schemas?

Martin Skorupski : check latest email from Magnus Buhrgard and response 


A1 in SON use case & Slicing

Should be planned for ONAP "K" → REQ

  • first init steps please follow up the related SON use case meeting
  • abstraction of xApp in RAN SIM - focus on A1 interfacing

Modification of SIM required for more functions

2022-04-06:

  • ongoing...

2022-04-20:

  • Non-RT-RIC team helps for A1 interfacing with RAN-SIM (no xApp life-cycle)
  • rApp awareness where to send the message - A1-Controller or O1-Controller - later maybe "intent" to abstract the (logical) controller end-points.



Action items