14:00 UTC | 7am PDT | 10am EDT | 15:00 WEST | 16:00 CEST | 17:00 EEST | 19:30 IST | 22:00 CST |  23:00 JST |

Meeting ID: 890 6970 8424


(During Winter→Summer DST changeover follow US time. Summer→Winter DST changeover follow Europe time)

Table of Contents



LF Antitrust

See also / Co-Located


  • share information between
    • O-RAN-SC Non-RT-RIC
    • O-RAN-SC OAM
    • O-RAN-SC O-DU
    • O-RAN-SC SIM
    • O-RAN-SC INT
    • O-RAN-SC AI/ML
    • ONAP Usecases
    • ONAP Req & ONAP TSC committees
    • LFN (wink)


Discussion items


Martin Skorupski unable to attend

Next meetings: 

Please follow the calendar

  • O-RAN-SC ToC
    • Updating sonar scans and related updates to improve results: making good progress
    • Making good progress on rApp manager.
    • OpenAPI-first in A1-PMS & ICS

      • Change from code→openapi→docs to openapi → code-stubs & docs

      • To better align with R1 specs as they mature

      • To improve expressiveness of docs etc.

      • Almost all working now - no functional change visible, but lots of work!
    • Some changes in A1-Mediator in near-RT-RIC plt in H-Release.
      • Meeting planned with Near-RT-RIC team tomorrow.
      • Further investigation needed re effects on A1-PMS/ICS & A1-SIM
      • Looks like OSC_v2.1.0. A1-AP (P) profile will b deprecated
        • Will phase out support A1-SIM and A1-PMS in coming releases, when A1-Mediator moves to spec version of A1-AP
      • Need to verify current implementation are fully spec compliant
      • Working on Pairwise test - will be ready as A1-Mediator implementation continues (few weeks)
        • Received info on how to start A1-Mediator in standalone mode - easier to test.
  • SIM: Alex Stancu
    • continuing on ... no major update
    • Hoping to get back to PM work ASAP
  • OAM: Martin Skorupski
      • Martin Skorupski away this week
        • Short update
        • Carrying on
          • Still work on PM Streaming. See below.
          • Working on O1 implementation for OAI
          • Trying to translate PM Dictionary & Alarm dictionary into Yang to help generate required functions
            • Should help at onboarding too.
            • Nice candidate for SCCL? (OSFG)
              • Still in progress - difficultly publishing updates in OSC on Alarms and PM Dictionary
              • Translation of PM-Dictionary and AlarmDictionary from “O-RAN.WG10.Information Model and Data Models.0-R003-v05.00” into yang – from yang *proto and *.openapi and other formats will be generated – the results will be provided to OSFG for checking if the SCCL process it established and working.
            • Current feedback from OSFG: the created artifacts must not be published in open-source repositories, because the SCCL process is not (fully) established in O-RAN Alliance.  
  • O-DU: @Vidhu
    • No update this week
  • AI/ML: @Joseph Thaliath

PM Event Streaming

PM Event streaming

Discussion: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/OAM/PM+Streaming

proto: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/download/attachments/82706888/o-ran-sc-oam-meas-data.proto?api=v2

template: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/download/attachments/82706888/o-ran-sc-oam-meas-data.template.json?api=v2

  • John Keeney  is updating sequence diagram for file-based & streaming proposal - Work in progress
  • Alex Stancu  Trying to get back to this topic for SIM as soon as possible.

ONAP SON/slicing Use case
  • Details of using CPS is still ongoing
    • Quite complex ...
      • How to interact/integrate SDNR & CPS, e.g. mounted netconf device models, CM notifications,
        • e.g. what to use as CM handle?
        • How to align/map IDs with/without netconf server ID in MOID (function ID) ... esp in VES messages

    • Presented plan for proposal
      • Slides : Draft / WIP

00:46Disaggregated SMO Flows 
  • Originally planned for discussion at TOC call this week & hopefully RSAC tomorrow
  • Mapping work in O-RAN WG1 (Disaggregated SMO) to related opensource projects 
    • Strawman for architecture - driven by some candidate usecase flows.
    • Aim for alignment across projects and across diff specs.
    • Aim for common vocabulary etc.
  • N.K. Shankaranarayanan working on slides now. Will revert with draft version for minutes.
    • DRAFT slides (WIP)


None this week

01:06Meeting ends

00:003GPP copyright issue

Still! "not ok" - how to use NETCONF YANGs from 3GPP and O-RAN

Problem Statement might be not fully understood. 

Next step: Call with Magnus Buhrgard 

After the call and some emails: Magnus it preparing a call with 3GPP SA5 representatives and then another ONAP LS to 3GPP

The topic is on the ONAP TSC agenda tomorrow: TSC 2022-09-08

> Magnus wont give up (smile)

Action items