Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

6/6/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

ParticipantsRanda Maher; Mayank Gupta; Patrick Brady; Scott Seabolt; Aaron HayRyan Young; Arash Hekmat; Lathishbabu Ganesan; Rebecca Lantz; Shashikanth VH; Shubhada Vaze; Takamune Cho; Vidhya Nerella; Vidya Bijoor

Actions from last meeting:

New Actions Items:

  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
  • Randa: Clean up JIRA queries in M1 planning template for R1 (check R2) - they don't show correct list. 

Agenda & Notes:

  • Key Beijing Dates:
    • Release Signoff - 6/7
    • Press Release - 6/12
  • Beijing - AAF OOM support - document workaround: Done: AAF Integration with APPC
  • CDT
    • https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/50587/ - Why is Mayank changing the port after we validated our changes?
      • Looks like this is a needed change; someone changed the port originally defined in OOM project.  Patrick will review Mayank's input and +1 if agrees
  • Intent to participate for Casablanca as an active contributor ? calling for input
    • If you plan to participate in the Casablanca release as a contributor, please send PTL an email.
  • Retrospective: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/ONAP+Beijing+Retrospective+and+Lesson+Learned - input during meeting
    • What didn't go so well....
      • OOM - too much overhead due to duplication of configs
      • CCSDK dependency impacting ability to delivery well as we would have liked; getting ODL in the last sprint was a big challenge and limited what we could do.
      • Security guidelines from security team coming very late and making it difficult for teams to delivery - scope creep
      • Appc client library - disconnect on requirements - not enough time to do pairwise testing prior to M4 to uncover these disconnects
      • WindRiver lab stability - lost our VMs a few times; but most definitely improved since Amsterdam (good support for Steven Gooch, WindRiver is a great assest)
      • Network slowness - very slow to download docker images - sometimes it's LF, sometimes WindRiver - a lot of lost time
      • Too many code break with some of the contribution
        • Tighten down on Gerrit submits that refactor the code; submitter will need to provide evidence of run time testing.
        • Long term: automated regression suite that run to ensure no run time brake
      • IM service that easily accessible to broader community
        • IRC is still a problem for some
        • Can RocketChat be the solution? Issue: it's only http, not https
        • Skype for Business is a possible opinion
    • Things that went well
      • after all the Karaf issues, it ended up working - big challenge, but we conquered
      • cross team testing and collaboration when a lot better this release; was easier to get people on to help
      • Great teaming with SDNC, OOM, and Integration teams.
      • Good support & quick response from Stephen Gooch when we had requests and issues in our WindRiver Dev env. Getting additional capacity was also very beneficial to allow multiple deployment types and releases to be tested.
      • Having our own Developer lab was very valuable!!!
      • Great management by team to document their testing
      • Investing in getting our own Jmeter test was a big payoff!!
        • TODO: Expand documentation to get people using jmeter to setup a runtime environment to test changes
        • Connect local appc instance to connect to AAI, VNF, etc.. in the windriver
        • Testing with JMeter
      • Participation from various members & companies (Nokia, TechM, ATT)  to help us get our code coverage!!!
  • Casablanca (theme "Ease of Deploy-ability"?)
    • Non-negotiable - these must be done.
    • Contributions being made to Casablanca
      • Support for Reboot LCM action
        • Difference between Reboot and Restart (already available in Beijing)
          • Restart does an os-stop then an os-start outlined in the API documentation above and outline in the conversation below:
            • Stop: - The action to stop a running server.
            • Start: - The action to start a stopped server.
          • Reboot server:
            • Valid values are HARD and SOFT.
              • A SOFT reboot attempts a graceful shutdown and restart of the server.
              • A HARD reboot attempts a forced shutdown and restart of the server. The HARD reboot corresponds to the power cycles of the server.
      • Various defect fixes
    • Additional items to address "Deploy ability" - …team capacity will determine what can be scoped in
      • Removal of CDT proxy - find long term solution via ODL config change (see APPC-885)
      • Improve OOM deployment  (have dependency on OOM project)
        • What improvements can we make independent of OOM - move configs to shared memory (maybe not needed if we do Ryan's proposed feature? (Aaron)
      • Any other thoughts on improving deploy ability?
        • upgrade all of our properties to use configuration admin (a function of ODL/OSGI) - Ryan Young to open a Story for tracking
          • benefit to change properties and it be dynamic, i.e., no need to restart APPC, this will also address the limitation we have with OOM, which does not allow restart, you have to rebuild the pod
    • Other items under discussion-pipeline…team capacity will determine what can be scoped in
      • Support for auto scale out - discussions being led by Scott Blandford and Lauren Lewis
      • CDT tool evolution/convergence with SNDC proposal to align on one controller tool
      • Secure DMaaP topics (have dependency on DMaaP)


6/13/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants: Randa Maher, Patrick Brady, Aaron Hay, Takamune Cho, Shubhada Vaze, Scott Seabolt, Paul Miller,

Actions from last meeting:

  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    • 6/13/18 update: further discussion needed with Aaron
  • Randa: Clean up JIRA queries in M1 planning template for R1 (check R2) - they don't show correct list.-CLOSED

New Actions Items:

Agenda & Notes:

  • Participation - who will be contributing?
    • Shubhada - 50%
    • Patrick at 100%
    • Ryan at 100%
    • Taka at 100%
    • Scott is only consult for Casablanca; limited capacity
    • Aaron is 100%
    • Paul is consult on architecture
  • Start planning sprint 0 & 1
    • Sprint 0  (6/13 - 6/27)
    • Sprint 1 (6/28 - 7/11)
    • Sprint 2 - (7/12 -  7/25)
  • Casablanca
    • Non-negotiable
      • Upgrade to Karaf 4
        • APPC-938 (Patrick) - work with Ryan, target completion by end of Sprint 1
      • ODL upgrade to Oxygen
        • Plan Sprint 2
      • Migrate to MariaDB plus Galera
        • Assign to Aaron - put in Sprint 1
      • S3P (Platform Maturity) - need guidance on targets for Casablanca
        • Security
          • Badging
            • CII Passing we achieved 95%
            • CII Silver we had about 17%
          • Un-encrypted password in properties file
            • Need an ONAP strategy on how we handle this... need recommendation from Security subcommittee.. Taka will join security call to pose the question and come back with recommendation
          • Code Coverage - 60%? TBC
        • Nexus IQ security items
          • More critical showing up.. need investigation
          • Randa to create story for tracking effort - DONE:
          • Sprint 3
        • Resiliency - geo-red support
          • Level 3 ?
          • Aaron prime
        • Scalability of DB
          • Aaron prime
      • Documentation
    • Contributions
      • Support for Reboot LCM action
      • Various defect fixes
    • Additional items to address "Deployability" - …capacity will determine what can be scoped
      • Removal of CDT proxy - find long term solution via ODL ? (see APPC-885)
        • anyone interested into investigating how this can be done with ODL?
      • Improve OOM deployment  (have dependency on OOM project)
        • Couple of options discussed last week we can start investigating...
    • Other items under discussion-pipeline…capacity will determine what can be scoped
      • Support for auto scale out
      • CDT tool evolution/convergence with SNDC proposal
      • Secure DMaaP topics (have dependency on DMaaP)
    • Misc...
      • CCSDK plans for Ansible - any impact for us? (Taka)
  • Open issues to be worked out:
    • Labs for Casablanca?
      • Do we need more capacity?
      • How do we test geo-red ? do we need space in WindRiver and Tlab ?
    • Heat support -
      • What is the requirement for Casablanca?
    • Beijing to Casablanca - do we need to support upgrade vs fresh install?
      • Considerations - data migration...

6/27/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants: Randa Maher, Aaron Hay, Mayank Gupta Scott SeaboltPatrick Brady, Ryan YoungLathishbabu GanesanJoss Armstrong, Jeff Hartley, Rebecca Lantz, Shubhada Vaze, Takamune Cho, Vidya Bijoor

Actions from last meeting:

  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    • 6/13/18 update: further discussion needed with Aaron

New Actions Items:

  • Randa to update Resources and Repositories for Casablanca
  • Takamune Cho to investigate rationale for response of "unmet" to following question from CII Passing badge questionnaire.
    • The security mechanisms within the software produced by the project MUST use default keylengths that at least meet the NIST minimum requirements through the year 2030 (as stated in 2012). It MUST be possible to configure the software so that smaller keylengths are completely disabled.
  • Need to setup RocketChat so that team can collaborate.
    • onap-appc channel created, but folks will need to create an account first so that I can add you to the channel

      • Private Group: onap-appc

Agenda & Notes:

  • Review planned scope, with special focus on:
    • Outstanding security items (https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects/1579#security)
      • Strong passwords - crypto - Taka will investigate - see action item above
      • Password Encryption - strategy is to use NFS mount to store certs and passwords; prioritize OOM first, then Heat (Ryan prime)
        • Need to also update deployment documentation
      • Nexus IQ - Criticals & Highs (Taka prime) -
      • CDT needs to use HTTPS - see story created by Patrick
    • ConfigScaleOut use case - work will be led by Ericsson (Joss and Latish - prime)
      • Scott Blandford and Lauren Lewis are leading the use case and requirements discussion
      • Need to get involved in weekly ScaleOut call hosted by Scott Blandford on Tuesdays at 9AM EST; also Control Loop call on Wed at 10AM would be another good call to participate in
      • Epic: APPC-1036
      • Team collaborators: Ryan Young and Scott Seabolt for AAI,  need to identify someone for client library...
      • 2 key areas of focus:
        • doing away with configuration data coming in payload; need to retrieve it from sources, namely AAI in this case. Need to collaborate with SO, AAI, and SDNC.
        • Controller Type: In the Manual use case, this was being explicitly set via VID, but in the auto use case, Multiple proposed option being discussed:
          • Use Consul to do service discovery, when a controller starts up have it register with Consul.  It should add tags for the VNF type/category(some link to the model) it supports.  SO can query Consul to see what controller services are up and what they support.  Choose the appropriate service endpoint based on the response from Consul  This option was abandoned in favor of policy pointed to via Service Model.
          • Use Policy to define the controller type - discussed today on Control Loop call....Listen to recording from today's Control Loop call to hear valuable discussion on this topic - see above.
          • Area of impact for APPC: APPC Client Library, need to support new approach, but also maintain backwards compatibility.....
  • Review timeline (release calendar: Release Planning#CasablancaReleaseCalendar)
    • Development work runs from  June 28 - Sep 20 (assuming no date changes)
    • We work in 2 week sprints, so we have 6 sprints essentially
  • Review resources
    • Welcome to Ericsson! Officially signed up to participate in Casablanca release with 2 folks: Joss and Latish


7/11/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants: Randa Maher, Takamune Cho, Scott Seabolt, Patrick Brady, Jeff HartleyRyan Young, Joss Armstrong, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Michael Zinnikas

Actions from last meeting:

  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    • 6/13/18 update: further discussion needed with Aaron
  • Takamune Cho to investigate rationale for response of "unmet" to following question from CII Passing badge questionnaire.
    • The security mechanisms within the software produced by the project MUST use default keylengths that at least meet the NIST minimum requirements through the year 2030 (as stated in 2012). It MUST be possible to configure the software so that smaller keylengths are completely disabled.

New Actions Items:

  • Setup working session with Latish and Joss to demo ConfigScaleOut in WindRiver dev lab.Prime: Scott,

Agenda & Notes:

  • PTL election  (https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Annual+Community+Elections)
    • Taka Self-nominated
    • Voting closes 7/11/18
  • Please Join RocketChat if you want to collaborate online. You need to be added to the group chat, but you need to create a username in RocketChat first, otherwise we can't add you.
  • Casablanca M1 passed at last TSC meeting
  • A Note of License & Copyright
    • Do not remove other companies copyright information if you are updating an existing file, just add your copyright info to the list
    • If you're creating a new file, add the Apache license text and your companies copyright information.
  • Status of current activities
    • Karaf 4 update (Ryan and Patrick)
      • Combining ODL update and Karaf 4 updates
      • ODL can probably be completed in Spirnt 1, Karaf upgrade will probably take to Sprint 2
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka)
      • Passwords (Ryan)
        • TO DO: Add story..
      • DMaaP - stretch goad, not committed
    • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
      • No update needed for Controller Type, so no change to APPC Client Library, we use same version available in Beijing.
      • Work only around retrieving configuration data from AAI. (APPC-1058) -
      • Custom  query to retrieve all AAI VNF data will be provided by Jimmy Forsyth from AAI team - No ETA yet
      • Scott Blandford hosting calls with SDNC to determine where/if data is written to in AAI - this is a dependency for APPC feature
      • Today we are doing a generic vnf query, but it does not give us all the data on vnf servers
      • TO DO:
        • Send Steven Gooch to get Latish and Joss access to WindRiver APPC - OPENLABS - Done: OPENLABS-302
        • Setup call with team to run demo again  - will complete this when Latish and Joss have WindRiver Access - Pending
    • Reboot & other enhancements being contributed
      • 90% done, should complete by 7/13
      • After all code is merged, Aaron will deploy latest dockers to WindRiver for regression and validation of Reboot command.
    • Change Management (CM) - Change Management Extension
      • Orange committing to work CM; however, APPC project has yet to commit to this scope-in
      • Requirements need to be clarified/detailed - Taka meeting with use case owner Ajay Mahimkar on 7/13 to clarify requirements.
      • CM meeting on Wed. conflicts with APPC call
    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)....work being contributed by SDNC team as part of a converged controller design tool.
      • Work to be done in CDT repo for front end.
      • Any new contributions cannot break CDT and must be backwards compatible.
      • APPC commitment for ScaleOut was based on current CDT tool; mitigation if work for CDS breaks CDT will be to fall back to Beiging version of CDT.

Casablanca Risks - anything we want to add?



7/18/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants: Takamune Cho, Scott Seabolt, Patrick Brady, Jeff Hartley, Joss Armstrong, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Aaron Hay, Rebecca Lantz, Veera Koppula, Vidya Bijoor

Agenda:

  • ConfigureScaleOut demo by Scott Seabolt.
    • a follow-up demo by developer is needed
  • Action item follow-up from last meeting
    • ConfigureScaleOut Q&A and demo by Ramya next week (
    • Patrick Brady to provide a knowledge share once he is done with the ODL upgrade.
    • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
      → will provide a demo after latest image deployed
    • Takamune Cho to investigate rationale for response of "unmet" to following question from CII Passing badge questionnaire.
      → create JIRA ticket for AAF to follow-up
    • Status of current activities
      • Karaf 4 update (Ryan and Patrick)
      • Security
        • Nexus IQ (Taka)
          • Continuous for APPC repor after ODL Oxygen upgrade
        • Passwords (Ryan)
          • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  Add story..
        • DMaaP - stretch goal, not committed
    • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
      • Work only around retrieving configuration data from AAI. (APPC-1058)
    • Reboot LCM API being contributed by AT&T
      • 100% done, Aaron will deploy latest dockers to WindRiver for regression and validation of Reboot command.
    • Change Management (CM)
      • setup weekly meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
      • define new Traffic Migration LCM API command
      • not a commitment in R3
    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
      • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. APPC commitment for ScaleOut was based on current CDT tool; mitigation if work for CDS breaks CDT will be to fall back to Beiging version of CDT.
      • Add Dada Dictionary adapter in APPC
      • joint effort from various companies, not a commitment in R3

  • Preparation for M2 Functionality Freeze by 7/26
    • Update reboot API document - Scott
    • Add one CSIT for CDT Repo - Aaron
    • Cleanup backlog JIRA - Taka


7/25/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants:Takamune Cho, Scott Seabolt, Patrick Brady, Jeff Hartley, Gervais-Martial Ngueko, yaoguang wang, Will Wiedong Chen, Aaron Hay, Rebecca Lantz, Veera Koppula, Vidya Bijoor, Marcus Williams Randa Maher

Agenda:

  • Sona, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRA status
  • M2: functionality freeze: 7/26

Action item follow-up from last meeting

  • Patrick Brady to provide a knowledge share once he is done with the ODL upgrade.
  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    → will provide a demo after latest image deployed
  • Takamune Cho to investigate rationale for response of "unmet" to following question from CII Passing badge questionnaire.
    → create JIRA ticket for AAF to follow-up
  • Status of current activities
    • Karaf 4 update (Ryan and Patrick)
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka)
        • Continuous for APPC repor after ODL Oxygen upgrade
      • Passwords (Ryan)
        • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
      • DMaaP - stretch goal, not committed
  • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
    • Work only around retrieving configuration data from AAI. (APPC-1058)
  • Reboot LCM API being contributed by AT&T
    • DB Schema not in sync, some JIRAs are not updated (Taka)
  • Change Management (CM)
    • 9 AM EST Friday meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
    • define new Traffic Migration LCM API command in R3, implement in R4
    • use ansible playbook approach in R3
  • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
    • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. APPC commitment for ScaleOut was based on current CDT tool; mitigation if work for CDS breaks CDT will be to fall back to Beiging version of CDT.
    • Add Dada Dictionary adapter in APPC
    • joint effort from various companies, not a commitment in R3



8/1/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants:Takamune Cho, Scott Seabolt, Patrick Brady, Aaron Hay, Rebecca Lantz,, Vidya Bijoor, Marcus Williams Randa Maher, Joss Armstrong, Lathishbabu Ganesan,

Agenda:

Action item follow-up from last meeting

  • Patrick Brady to provide a knowledge share once he is done with the ODL upgrade.
  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    → will provide a demo after latest image deployed
    → working on OOM Robot framework
  • Takamune Cho to investigate rationale for response of "unmet" to following question from CII Passing badge questionnaire.
    (APPC-1116)
  • Maria DB
  • Status of current activities
    • Karaf 4 update (Ryan and Patrick)
      → logback issue?
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka)
        • Continuous for APPC repor after ODL Oxygen upgrade
      • Passwords (Ryan)
        • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
      • DMaaP - stretch goal, not committed
  • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
    • Confirmed with Scott Blandford. There is no code impact for APPC.
  • Reboot LCM API being contributed by AT&T
    • 3 JIRA left. APPC-1010, APPC-1013, APPC-1118
  • Change Management (CM)
    • 9 AM EST Friday meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
    • define new Traffic Migration LCM API command in R3, implement in R4
    • use ansible playbook approach in R3
  • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
    • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. APPC commitment for ScaleOut was based on current CDT tool; mitigation if work for CDS breaks CDT will be to fall back to Beiging version of CDT.
    • Add Dada Dictionary adapter in APPC - IBM


Recording: zoom_0.mp4



8/9/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants:Takamune Cho, Scott Seabolt, Patrick Brady, Aaron Hay, Rebecca Lantz,, Vidya Bijoor, Marcus Williams  Lathishbabu Ganesan, Yuriy Malakov John May

Agenda:

  • Sona, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRAs
  • Review M3 Arch slides
  • Action item from last meeting

Action item follow-up from last meeting

  • Patrick Brady to provide a knowledge share once he is done with the ODL upgrade.
  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    → will provide a demo after latest image deployed
    → working on OOM Robot framework
  • Takamune Cho to investigate rationale for response of "unmet" to following question from CII Passing badge questionnaire.
    (APPC-1116)
  • Maria DB
  • Status of current activities
    • Karaf 4 update (Ryan and Patrick)
      → logback issue?
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka)
        • Continuous for APPC repo after ODL Oxygen upgrade
      • Passwords (Ryan)
        • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
      • DMaaP - stretch goal, not committed
  • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
    • Confirmed with Scott Blandford. There is no code impact for APPC.
  • Reboot LCM API being contributed by AT&T
    • 3 JIRA left. APPC-1010, APPC-1013, APPC-1118
  • Change Management (CM)
    • 9 AM EST Friday meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
    • define new Traffic Migration LCM API command in R3, implement in R4
    • use ansible playbook approach in R3
  • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
    • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. APPC commitment for ScaleOut was based on current CDT tool; mitigation if work for CDS breaks CDT will be to fall back to Beijing version of CDT.
    • Add Data Dictionary adapter in APPC – IBM Montreal


Recording:

zoom_0.mp4


8/15/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants:Takamune Cho, Patrick Brady, Aaron Hay, Randa MaherRyan Young,  Vidya Bijoor,  Lathishbabu Ganesan, Michael Zinnikas, Brtosz Balazinski

Agenda:

  • Sonar, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRAs
  • ODL/Karaf 4 upgrade progre
  • Items from PTL meeting
  • M3 Arch Review
Action item
  • Items from PTL meeting
    • Create an universe parent pom file to standardize all the third party dependencies to avoid the security issue reported from Nexus IQ. For APPC, there are lots of security issues that come from ODL. Still don’t know how to do that.
    • Portal/sdk will adapt cadi jar for AAF authentication.
  • Patrick Brady to provide a knowledge share once he is done with the ODL upgrade.
  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    → will provide a demo after latest image deployed
    → working on OOM Robot framework
  • Maria DB
    • OOM team promises they will upload MariDB docker to nexus3: (OOM-1205)
  • Status of current activities
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka)
        • Continuous for APPC repo after ODL Oxygen upgrade
      • Passwords (Ryan)
        • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
  • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
    • Confirmed with Scott Blandford. There is no code impact for APPC.
  • Reboot LCM API being contributed by AT&T
    •  APPC-1010
  • Change Management (CM)
    • 9 AM EST Friday meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
    • New distributetraffic LCM AP in R3 – Orange
    • use ansible playbook approach in R3
  • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
    • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. - TechM
    • Add Data Dictionary adapter in APPC – IBM Montreal


Recording:

zoom_0.mp4


8/22/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants:Takamune Cho, Scott Seabolt, Patrick Brady, Aaron Hay, Randa MaherRyan Young,  Vidya Bijoor,  Lathishbabu Ganesan, Brtosz Balazinski, ShangZx, Will Weidong Chen

Agenda:

  • Sonar, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRAs
  • ODL/Karaf 4 upgrade progress
  • Action Item from last week
Action item
  • Items from PTL meeting - No update
    • Create an universe parent pom file to standardize all the third party dependencies to avoid the security issue reported from Nexus IQ. For APPC, there are lots of security issues that come from ODL. Still don’t know how to do that.
    • Portal/sdk will adapt cadi jar for AAF authentication.
  • Patrick Brady to provide a knowledge share once he is done with the ODL upgrade.
  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    → will provide a demo after latest image deployed
    → working on OOM Robot framework
  • Maria DB
    • OOM team promises they will upload MariDB docker to nexus3: (OOM-1205)
  • Status of current activities
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka) - Nexus IQ report had license issue since 8/20 morning
        • Continuous for APPC repo after ODL Oxygen upgrade
      • Passwords (Ryan)
        • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
  • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
    • Confirmed with Scott Blandford. There is no code impact for APPC.
  • Reboot LCM API being contributed by AT&T
    •  APPC-1010
  • Change Management (CM)
    • 9 AM EST Friday meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
    • New distributetraffic LCM AP in R3 – Orange
    • use ansible playbook approach in R3
  • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
    • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. - TechM
    • Add Data Dictionary adapter in APPC – IBM Montreal

Misc:

Please Join RocketChat if you want to collaborate online. You need to be added to the group chat, but you need to create a username in RocketChat first, otherwise we can't add you.http://52.168.69.155:3000/group/onap-appc

Recording:

GMT20180822-150346_-appc--Wee_1600x900.mp4

8/29/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Participants:Takamune Cho, Scott Seabolt, Patrick Brady, Aaron Hay, Randa MaherRyan YoungJeff Hartley, Vidya Bijoor,  Lathishbabu Ganesan, Joss Armstrong, Brtosz Balazinski, Will Weidong Chen, Soumendu Acharya, Tomek Osinski, Girish Havaldar

Agenda:

  • Sonar, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRAs
  • Usecase updates
  • Action items from last meeting
  • ODL/Karaf 4 upgrade demo

Action item

  • Items from PTL meeting - No update
    • Create an universe parent pom file to standardize all the third party dependencies to avoid the security issue reported from Nexus IQ. For APPC, there are lots of security issues that come from ODL. Still don’t know how to do that.
  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    → will provide a demo after latest image deployed
    → working on OOM Robot framework
  • Maria DB
    • OOM team promises they will upload MariDB docker to nexus3: (OOM-1205)
  • Status of current activities
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka) - Nexus IQ report had license issue since 8/20 morning
        • Continuous for APPC repo after ODL Oxygen upgrade
      • Passwords (Taka)
        • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
  • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
    • Confirmed with Scott Blandford. There is no code impact for APPC.
  • Change Management (CM)
    • 9 AM EST Friday meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
    • New distributetraffic LCM AP in R3 – Orange
    • use ansible playbook approach in R3
  • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
    • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. - TechM
    • Add Data Dictionary adapter in APPC – IBM Montreal

Misc:

Please Join RocketChat if you want to collaborate online. You need to be added to the group chat, but you need to create a username in RocketChat first,otherwise we can't add you.http://52.168.69.155:3000/group/onap-appc

Recording:

zoom_0.mp4


9/5/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Agenda:

  • Sonar, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRAs
  • Usecase update
  • Configuration Admin demo by Ryan
  • Action items from last meeting
  • ODL/Karaf 4 status

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick Brady, Aaron HayRyan Young,  Vidya Bijoor,  Lathishbabu Ganesan, J Armstrong, Brtosz Balazinski, David Ho, John May, Mita Dedhiya, Soumendu Acharya


Action item

  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
    → will provide a demo after latest image deployed
    → working on OOM Robot framework
  • Maria DB
    • OOM team promises they will upload MariDB docker to nexus3: (OOM-1205)
  • Status of current activities
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka) - Nexus IQ report had license issue since 8/20 morning
        • Continuous for APPC repo after ODL Oxygen upgrade
      • Passwords (Aaron)
        • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
  • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
    • Confirmed with Scott Blandford. There is no code impact for APPC.
  • Change Management (CM)
    • 9 AM EST Friday meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
    • New distributetraffic LCM AP in R3 – Orange
    • use ansible playbook approach in R3
  • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
    • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. - TechM
    • Add Data Dictionary adapter in APPC – IBM Montreal


Recording:

zoom_0.mp4


9/19/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minutes

Agenda:

  • Sonar, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRAs
  • New LCM action demo by lukaz/Tomek
  • M4 milestone
  • code impact discussion with YaoGuang Action items after M4

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick Brady, Vidya Bijoor,  Lathishbabu Ganesan, Brtosz Balazinski, David Ho, Jeff Hartley, Tomek Osiriski

Action item

  • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment.
  • Maria DB : docker-compose update
  • Ansible Server: move to CCSDK
  • AAI integrates with AAF
  • Status of current activities
    • Security
      • Nexus IQ (Taka) - Nexus IQ report had license issue since 8/20 morning
        • Continuous for APPC repo after ODL Oxygen upgrade
      • Passwords (Taka)
        • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
  • ScaleOut (Joss and Latish)
    • Confirmed with Scott Blandford. There is no code impact for APPC.
  • Change Management (CM)
    • 9 AM EST Friday meeting with Ajay Mahimkar and Orange, France.
    • New distributetraffic LCM API in R3 – Orange
    • use ansible playbook approach in R3
  • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
    • GUI repo resides on APPC/CDT, continue evolving to add Data Dictionary function in GUI. - TechM
    • Add Data Dictionary adapter in APPC – IBM Montreal


Recording:

zoom_0.mp4


9/26/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minute


Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick Brady, Yuriy MalakovJ Armstrong, Brtosz Balazinski, Aaron Hay, Jeff Hartley, Scott SeaboltRanda Maher, Bilal Iqbal, Andy Walshe


Agenda:

  • Sonar, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRAs

  • RC0 milestone: integration and regression testing

  • POM files move to Parent repo

  • APPC Integration Testing

Action items:

  • Casablanca Release:

    • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment. Next week.

    • Maria DB : docker-compose update

    • Ansible Server: move to CCSDK

    • AAI integrates with AAF

    • Status of current activities

      • Security

        • Nexus IQ (Taka) - Nexus IQ report had license issue since 8/20 morning

          • Continuous for APPC repo after ODL Oxygen upgrade

        • Passwords (Taka)

          • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)

  • Dublin Planning:

    • ScaleIn (Joss and Latish)

    • Change Management (CM)

    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)


Recording:

zoom_0.mp4


10/5/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minute

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick BradyMichael Zinnikas, Tomek Osinski, Soumendu Sekhar Acharya,   J Armstrong, Brtosz Balazinski, Aaron Hay, Scott SeaboltRanda Maher, Lathishbabu Ganesan

Agenda:

  • Sonar, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRAs

  • RC0 milestone: integration and regression testing

  • OOM env demo (Maria DB with galera) by Aaron Hay

Action item

  • Casablanca Release:
    • Aaron Hay provide a demo on OOM APPC deployment. Next week.
    • Maria DB : docker-compose update
    • Ansible Server: move to CCSDK
    • Status of current activities
      • Security
        • Passwords (Taka)
          • eliminate password from repo, put in the nfs mount.  (APPC-1104)
  • Dublin Planning:
    • ScaleIn (Joss and Latish)
      • New ScaleIn LCM action
      • distributeTraffic support on VM level
      • blueprint self service CDS support
    • Change Management (CM)
    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
      • CDT/CDS GUI integration


zoom_0.mp4


10/10/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minute

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick BradyJ Armstrong, Brtosz Balazinski, Aaron Hay, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Shashkikanth, Bilal Iqbal.

Agenda:

  • integration testing, health check, bug review for RC0

Action item

  • Casablanca Release:
    • Preparing SB-04 and SB-7 envirioment for integration test
  • Dublin Planning:
    • ScaleIn (Joss and Latish)
      • New ScaleIn LCM action
      • distributeTraffic support on VM level
      • blueprint self service CDS support
    • Change Management (CM)
    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
      • CDT/CDS GUI integration


zoom_0.mp4


10/17/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minute

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick BradyJ Armstrong, Brtosz Balazinski, Aaron Hay, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Shashkikanth, Soumendu Sekhar Acharya, Scott Seabolt, Ramya Balaji, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Arash Hekmat

Agenda:

  • integration testing, health check, bug review for RC0

Action item

  • Casablanca Release:
    • Status of current activities
      • Security review
      • Release manifest
      • Branch out R3
  • Dublin Planning: (draft)
    • ODL upgrade: Fluorine
    • Platform Maturity:
    • ScaleIn (Joss and Latish)
      • New ConfigScaleIn LCM action or rename ConfigScaleOut to ConfigScale?
      • distributeTraffic support on VM level
      • blueprint selfservice CDS support
    • Change Management (CM)
    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
      • Runtime: manage a switcher in APPC to know the coming request is LCM action or blueprint TOSCA
      • Design time: CDT/CDS GUI integration



zoom_0.mp4


10/24/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minute

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick BradyAaron Hay, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Shashkikanth, Soumendu Sekhar Acharya, Scott Seabolt, Ramya Balaji, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Viresh, Chandu Thakre

Agenda

  • RC0/RC1 milestone: integration and regression testing  : iaas issue, cert issue on OOM cluster with A&AI
  • R4 Plan

Action item

  • Casablanca Release:
    • Status of current activities
      • Security review
      • Release manifest
      • Branch out R3
      • DisttibuteTraffic LCM – DONE !!
  • Dublin Planning: (draft)
    • ODL upgrade: Fluorine
    • Platform Maturity:
    • ScaleIn (Joss and Latish)
      • New ConfigScaleIn LCM action or rename ConfigScaleOut to ConfigScale?
      • distributeTraffic support on VM level
      • blueprint selfservice CDS support
    • Change Management (CM)
    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
      • Runtime: manage a switcher in APPC to know the coming request is LCM action or blueprint TOSCA
      • Design time: CDT/CDS GUI integration


Recording

zoom_0.mp4


10/31/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minute

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick BradyAaron Hay, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Shashkikanth, Soumendu Sekhar Acharya, Scott Seabolt, Ramya Balaji, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Viresh, Chandu Thakre, Girish Havaldar

Agenda

  • Casablanca testing

Action item

  • Casablanca Release:
    • Status of current activities
      • Security review
      • Release manifest
      • Branch out R3
      • DisttibuteTraffic LCM – DONE !!
  • Dublin Planning: (draft)
    • ODL upgrade: Fluorine
    • Platform Maturity:
    • ScaleIn (Joss and Latish)
      • New ConfigScaleIn LCM action or rename ConfigScaleOut to ConfigScale?
      • distributeTraffic support on VM level
      • blueprint selfservice CDS support
    • Change Management (CM)
    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
      • Runtime: manage a switcher in APPC to know the coming request is LCM action or blueprint TOSCA
      • Design time: CDT/CDS GUI integration


Recording

zoom_0.mp4


11/14/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minute

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick BradyAaron Hay, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Shashkikanth, Soumendu Sekhar Acharya, Scott Seabolt, Ramya Balaji, Lathishbabu Ganesan, Viresh, Chandu Thakre, Girish Havaldar, Behi Fari

Agenda

·         Casablanca Release status

·         Dublin release plan

Action item

  • Casablanca Release:
      • RC2 – 11/27
      • Sign off – 11/30
      • Casablanca Branched
      • Casablanca Docker release – 11/15
  • Dublin Planning: (draft)




zoom_0.mp4

12/19/18 - APPC Project Weekly Minute

Participants:Takamune ChoPatrick BradyAaron Hay, Ramya Balaji, Joss Armstrong,  Surendra Reddy

Agenda

  • Casablanca Mtn Release status
  • Dublin release plan

Action item

  • Casablanca Mtn Release: CCSDK new image, DMaap issue
  • Dublin Planning: (draft)
    • ODL upgrade: Fluorine SR2
    • Platform Maturity:
    • ScaleIn
      • New ConfigScaleIn LCM action
      • distributeTraffic support on VM level
    • Change Management (CM)
    • Controller Design Studio (CDS)
      • Runtime: manage a switcher in APPC to know the coming request is LCM action or blueprint TOSCA – R5
      • Design time: CDT/CDS GUI integration


zoom_0.mp4




2 Comments

  1. Will there be a weekly meeting at 9/12? Randa MaherTakamune Cho

  2. yaoguang wang, No, I am canceling the meeting at 9/12.