Approved Project Proposal
Resources and Repositories
- DCAE Committer Promotions
- DCAE R10 Jakarta Release (Apr 2022)
- DCAE R11 Kohn Release (Nov 2022)
- DCAE R12 London Release (May 2023)
- DCAE R1 Amsterdam Release (2017 Nov)
- DCAE R2 Beijing Release (2018 May)
- DCAE R3 Casablanca (2018 Nov)
- DCAE R4 Dublin (2019 May)
- DCAE R5 El-Alto (2019)
- DCAE R6 Frankfurt (2020)
- DCAE R7 Guilin (Nov 2020)
- DCAE R8 Honolulu Release (Apr 2021)
- DCAE R9 Istanbul Release (Nov 2021)
- DCAE Security Design & Assurance
- DCAE Contribution and Development
- DCAE MS/components Info
- MicroServices Onboarding in ONAP
- VES event enrichment for DCAE mS
- Integrating PNDA
- ONAP Development Lab access
- Cloudify Blueprint validation under OOM
- DCAEGEN2 architecture of policy-handling by DCAE-controller
- DCAE Common Libraries (Dublin)
- DCAE R1
- DCAE Service Component (MS) Deployment Options
- Certificate update procedure in DCAE
- DCAE: Multi-Site deployment options
- Dmaap Plugin Integration
- Remote K8s cluster deployment of DCAE MS
- DCAE S3P Documentation
- Cloudify Helm Plugin
- Converting a Cloudify Plugin to Support Both Python2 and Python3
- Acumos DCAE Integration
- OTI Integration
- Independent DCAE Component Deployment (Frankfurt)
- DCAE CertService integration
- DCAE MOD
- DCAE Dashboard User-Guide
- Deploying DCAE service components using Helm (Work In Progress)
- ONAP/DCAE setup on single node using RKE
- Making DCAEGEN2 Service Mesh Compatible
- DCAE Services - Logging Evaluation
- DCAE Services Component - Service Mesh Compatibility
- Log4j Standardization for DCAE
- Logback Core Standardization for DCAE
- Gerrit Push - Reference
Lusheng Ji is there a regular project meeting for this project yet?
I see release 1 planning done - but I don't know where to get started to get involved with this project...
Vijay Venkatesh Kumar
Maryam - Thanks for your interest. We have been having DCAE meeting on thursday (9 AMEST) for last couple weeks; it is on the ONAP calendar; this will be a good forum to discuss. The release plan identifies high level EPIC's/US, pls review and let us know if you would like to contribute for R1.
Vijay Venkatesh Kumar thanks. I will join next week.
I am trying to understand the scope of this project. If this is being discussed elsewhere, please point me to that location. Netflow is one popular mechanism to get to know the traffic characteristics on the network. It is also used by security analytics and network trouble shooting. I am wondering whether there is any plan to integrate Netflow collector functionality within DCAE framework to work with VNF based netflow exporters.
Vijay Venkatesh Kumar
Srinivasa - Currently DCAE R1 includes VES and SNMP Trap collector only. The VES spec is broad and includes several domains - measurement being one of them. The collection suite ofcourse can be expanded to include additional types for future release. Is there a specific usecase you are looking to integrate netflow collected stats in ONAP?
Hi Vijay, Just a background - Packet processing related PNFs and VNFs tend to use Netflow mechanisms for many analytics - Including trouble shooting, understandt traffic characteristics, traffic volume on per flow/protocol basis and many more... But, Netflow exporters (which are part of PNF and VNFs) use UDP transport with its own messaging format.
It appears that VES collector expects its own format in HTTPS JSON transport. There are two ways to go about this.
1. Every PNF/VNF exports the flow information in VES format instead of current format and UDP transport.
2. Creation of Netflow collection service under DCAE.
I am just wondering whether any thought has gone into it as Netflow is very popular in networking industry.
There are Pros and Cons.
Netflow: It is UDP and very simple and hence many it is easy to transport even by HW entities such as intelligent NICs. But, it is clear (hence possibly insecure) on the wire and hence IPSEC kind of network encryption is needed in some deployments.
VES (JSON/HTTPS): It is non-standard and being TCP/SSL/HTTPS/TEXT based, it could be heavy on PNF and VNFs from compute power perspective.
P Chaitanya Reddy
Will DCAE R1 release support installation on Openstack environment? Is there any installation documentation for this ?